Feb 24, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by St-Sinner
Please do not take my word for it. Watch and know yourself Why Bernie Sanders' Communist Misadventures Still Matter
World Music
Feb 24, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Rossy92
Brazilian superstar Daniela Mercury was born in 1965. Janela is a song from her 2009 album, Sou de Qualquer Lugar.
P.A.T.C.H. People Against The Christian Hypocrites
Feb 23, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by altschmerz
LINKColonial Christianity has made Africa(ns) stupid – Kendi Borona
Feb 22, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by JonQ
Say it ain't so Joe...
Uncommon words and their meanings.
Feb 20, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by davers
Phronesis noun Philosophy. Wisdom in determining ends and the means of attaining them.
Uncommon words and their meanings.
Feb 20, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by AgnoBill
ABSTRUSE Hard to understand; esoteric; recondite; incomprehensible. I find Kant's writings abstruse. The philosophy professor was infamous for his abstruse, mind-numbing lectures.
Ethical Vegans - Animal Rights - Environmental Concerns - Clean Food & Gardening
Feb 17, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Wildgreens
Feb 16, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by wordywalt
In making this post, I am not being highly critical, but merely making an observation. Those people who make frequent posts on this site regarding religion would have much better mental health and productivity if they would focus more on other ...
Uncommon words and their meanings.
Feb 15, 2020Feb 2020

AESTHETIC. - Adjective...concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty; giving or designed to give pleasure through beauty. Synonyms; decorative, attractive, exquisite, tasteful, pleasing. AESTHETE. - Noun...a person who is appreciative of ...
Feb 14, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by of-the-mountain
Let send a valentine to mike pence along with all the other obstructionist republican fascist who deplore and deny a women’s right to have control over their own body and health!!!
Feb 11, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Azaz8899
I started to study Philosophy as I wanted to see if there was any answer to ‘What is the meaning of life?’. I had guessed that there would be some ah ha moment when all would be revealed - other than the view I had had since my teens that the ...
Feb 11, 2020Feb 2020

Definitely him
Feb 11, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by FrostyJim
I am a Big - David Bromberg fan... and this is one of my favorites.
Grammar Nazis/English Insights
Feb 10, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by JackPedigo
Place this under English Insights. English as a 2nd language. Dictionary of Scottish terms.
FreeThinkers
Feb 9, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Grecio
A dad was on his knees praying. He said "Dear God, please help my 9 year old son. He is still talking to his imaginary friend".
Feb 9, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Grecio
Why does the USA need immigrants?
Feb 8, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Grecio
Mass killers kin to be exiled?
Feb 7, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Fernapple
Religion is not the source of morality, as we all here know, everything is natural and does come from nature via us. BUT. The important point about religion is that it unbalances any debate over morality or anything else. Because it enables those who...
Feb 6, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by redbai
Mitt Romney's did something "Heroic"? The media praise of Mitt Romney voting to remove Trump is ridiculous. Mitt Romney's vote changed NOTHING. He doesn't deserve praise for it. The Republican party should be defending themselves for selling out...
Feb 5, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by wonderandlisten
“In philosophy, or religion, or ethics, or politics, two and two might make five, but when one was designing a gun or an aeroplane they had to make four.” ---- George Orwell
Feb 5, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Petter
Surprise! Surprise! (not!) 47 guilty, 53 not guilty in vote 2 Vote 1 hardly any different. 48 to 52. This reminds me of the philosophy behind the old saying " We'll give him a fair trial before we hang him."
Feb 5, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by Jetty
LINKPhilosophy course: Re-imagining the World, part 4 of 4 - YouTube
Out Of The Illusion
Feb 3, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by FrayedBear
“Thoreau’s great insight is that there is a moral emptiness in government unless it is filled by the actions of citizens on behalf of justice. That corresponds exactly to the democratic philosophy of the Declaration of Independence, in which ...
Cheesy Jokes
Feb 2, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by johnnyrobish
Experts Say Insects May Be the Food of the Future Experts say current livestock practices simply won’t keep up with the worldwide food demands, and with livestock farming contributing to deforestation, diminishing water ...
Feb 2, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by AnTwanSr
How come it has taken people so long to realize labels have to be logical??
Feb 1, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by ninjarider1
People are always "for" things, as long as no effort on their part is required.
Feb 1, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by ninjarider1
My philosophy on life.
Feb 1, 2020Feb 2020

Posted by TheoryNumber3
Well... so much for the Constitution being a "living document" The republicans just killed it.
Jan 31, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Charliesey
‪the republican senators were all bought off in front of our noses! Friends our democracy is officially gone. We are now under a dictatorship under trump! There is no other way to describe it!‬
Jan 30, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by creative51
I have this urge to just talk. Not about something philosophical or metaphysical, but just plain ordinary life (no this is not some god metaphor). Its like you been going about, acting like you know everything, got everything under control, but... ...
Jan 30, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Hages
“Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.” - David Hume
Jan 29, 2020Jan 2020

Good Afternoon Everyone! Spent the day driving around the huge hills of Syracuse and some not so nice neighborhoods. Some nice areas too. Long day.Streets all have Native American names as well as subdivisions, lakes and parks. Finished last night's ...
FreeThinkers
Jan 28, 2020Jan 2020

Please welcome @BusaBudz4200 who has joined the group. Look forward to your contributions.
Jan 27, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FearlessFly
Isn't it a Pity - Nina Simone
Jan 25, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Oscar_C
I am an INTJ (according to the Myer Briggs personality test).
Humour, Fun, Chuckles, Laughs, or Cutes, From Everywhere.
Jan 24, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanada
A friend of mine was a philosophy major during his first semester in college. One day in a seminar class, they spent a great deal of time debating whether the glass was half full or half empty. After the class, my friend was feeling pretty good about...
Jan 22, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by noworry28
You think it's love, 🤔you might want to see a doctor.
Jan 21, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by LenHazell53
Well this says it all Ten 10 days from Brexit and Brexit MEP June Mummery, just posted this Tweet COMPLAINING that after Brexit Great Britain will have NO say in the fishing of coastal waters shared with Europe, because we will no longer have ...
Jan 20, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by mayflowercats
I’m really upset at the rules that the Senate Majority ie Moscow Mitch have determined will run the Impeachment Trial! Talk about stacking the decks against the Democrats and their great case, which might never see the light of day! And don’t ...
Jan 19, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by WilliamFleming
“There are more things … likely to frighten us than there are to crush us; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” That is Seneca speaking, and the link is to an article that expands a bit on his stoical philosophy.
Jan 19, 2020Jan 2020

LINKJohn Lennon's "Imagine" Was Turned Into a Comic Strip, and the Result is Incredibly Beautiful. | The Unbounded Spirit
Jan 19, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by DavidLaDeau
Methodist watch: The LGBT disaster. The United Methodist Church the cult I was indoctrinated into is now splitting as many sects are simply homophobic. The new sect (yet to be named) will harbor traditionalist ( homophobe) values. Do not fret this ...
Jan 18, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by johnnyrobish
Trump Targets Michelle Obama’s School Nutrition Guidelines Leading junk food manufacturers say they are extremely impressed after the Trump administration used Michelle Obama’s birthday, to announce a planned roll back of ...
Ethical Sluts
Jan 18, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Wildflower
Welcome to our new members this week! We're so glad you're here. I'm thrilled to be seeing my ethically nonmonogamous man again this weekend. I think over our time together, because of course i analyze everything! One thing that stands out for ...
Academic (e.g., Science)
Jan 17, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FearlessFly
Study Confirms Climate Models are Getting Future Warming Projections Right
Jan 16, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by MikeInBatonRouge
Interesting food for thought on limits of human logic and why we are vulnerable to religious appeals.
Science and religion. :) lets debate
Jan 16, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Grecio
Church Goers and Politics
Jan 16, 2020Jan 2020

Hello folks,..once again I’m late to post here, my son is coming for a visit tomorrow and I had shopping and things to do in preparation. Here’s a song that came to my mind because it’s about the Profumo Scandal which rocked ...
Jan 15, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Grecio
Depressed Agnostics?
Sexy Pics Alternate
Jan 15, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by OldMetalHead
LINKFor you ginger lovers!
General Forum
Jan 13, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Huskygirl4ever
And for me the countdown begins 10 more days until I get my tooth implant then all I'm waiting on is to sign papers for the house and then I'm off to Scotland for a while
CLASSIC ROCK RULES
Jan 13, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Dhiltong
Badfinger _ Come and Get It
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by JesseBoren
Two Feet - Go Fuck Yourself
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by SeaGreenEyez
LINKTrump administration wants the Supreme Court to wait on Obamacare ruling - Vox
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by kensmile4u
Florida Congress woman's conviction upheld over juror statement that the holy spirit told him she was not guilty. This is a clear win for reason over religion.
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Grecio
Do we need a replacement to get back to the Four Horsemen?
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Grecio
Why do most humans love a religion?
Out Of The Illusion
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by William_Mary
I've had a member on my mind recently, her name was something like siouxcity or such. Has anyone else seen her possibly on the politics forum or other groups? I watched her change in her political views over my time here on the site, for the better ...
Ethical Sluts
Jan 12, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Wildflower
Welcome welcome! Our little group is becoming one of the most popular unconventional groups here! We must all be pretty comfortable being sluts!
Jan 11, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Allamanda
Could philosophical discussions be better and more productive?
Jan 9, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by scurry
Is this a Dad Joke?
Love & Relationships
Jan 9, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by birdingnut
Many people join this forum to discuss disillusionment with mainstream religions, but not every member wants to discuss philosophy and religion, etc..some want to date. Many of us have other interests and are over the whole religion angst thing. If...
Religious Naturalism
Jan 8, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Fernapple
It seems that there are too definitions of religious naturalism, that which I first encountered many year ago reading authors such as Ursula Goodenough, meaning viewing the natural world with near religious awe, and trying to look though the natural ...
Jan 5, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Omnedon
Recently I was discussing the speed of light and alien intelligent life elsewhere on this site, and realized there are a some basic parallels between that and some other big issues. So for what it's worth, here's a broader philosophical view. I'm ...
Jan 4, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Seeker3CO
To what extent do you let reason or logic make your decisions for you? To what extent do you allow your emotions to steer them? And please don't reference "common sense". It does not exist.
Secular Meditation and Buddhist Philosophy
Jan 4, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by skado
Does the concept of Enlightenment have a place in 'Secular Meditation and Buddhist Philosophy' and if so, what would be a scientific description of it. Also, if not, why not? Thanks.
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

LINKReport: World’s Happiest Countries Are Also Least Religious | Michael Stone
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by DavidLaDeau
“I’m not perfect, I’m just forgiven” is the most enabling statement ever made! Christians often attack atheist for not having morality. Yet I hear “I’m not perfect I’m just forgiven”. If one is simply forgiven for their wrong doings ...
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

Yup its up to us
Dec 31, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Grecio
What is spiritualism?
Dec 31, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by skado
This post does not pretend to represent a scientific analysis; it's just a conversation starter. When @LeeLou asks how fellow Atheists deal with depression, he gets 94 comments (and counting). When @Seeker3CO asks people to share their guiding ...
Dec 31, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by wordywalt
I was raised on the narcotizing and stupefying cool-aid of racism, broader ethnocentrism, religion, and conservatism of the Bible belt deep south. My father tried to be a good man, but he was poorly educated and made bad decisions throughout his life...
Dec 30, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by chalupacabre
Bill Barr is on a theocratic mission to use the power of the DOJ to deliver America from eternal damnation: columnists A pretty grim read.
Jewish by Culture
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by kmaz
I may post this as well in the general forum. I have said in the past, and will reiterate here, I'm not sure but some atheists might enjoy or want to post their own sort of "atheist mezuzah", perhaps with a favorite passage of poetry, secular ...
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by gsiamne
Fortitude is the guard and support of the other virtues. - John Locke
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FearlessFly
Sho' Looks Guilty
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Archeus_Lore
My friend Andrew Valerievitch Skorobogatov, from Yekaterinburg, Russia, sent me a message, citing a review on Amazon.com . . . some idiot posted the following review of Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". "You, Mr. Dostoevsky, a writer, certainly ...
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by ToolGuy
Bad writing contest. @LiterateHiker will love this! Can anyone here make sense of the winner’s sentence? The Philosophy and Literature Bad Writing Contest ran from 1995 to 1998. For an essay giving background on the contest, click here. We are ...
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Travis1
I only wish i could live to see the day when stone age beliefs will be overcome by science and religion especially in this country(USA). This country was founded on the principle of the separation of church and state, in which our founders has ...
This Day In History
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by altschmerz
December 28, 1938 Silent-film star and inventor Florence Lawrence commits suicide
Dec 27, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Grecio
Does life have meaning?
Dec 27, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by desertastronomer
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
Dec 25, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FearlessFly
Mike Bloomberg Exploited Prison Labor to Make 2020 Presidential Campaign Phone Calls
Newbie Groupies!
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by flower_nut
Hi Everyone. I'm not a newbie to the site I've been away to solve personal issues. Dropping faith started a paradigm shift in my philosophy. My marriage ended, we sold our house and went our separate ways. I now live in an apartment with my 24-year ...
Dec 23, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by MarkiusMahamius
LINKWittgenstein Solves Philosophy - Existential Comics
ServiceMembersHangout
Dec 22, 2019Dec 2019

LINKArmy officer returns home to San Diego to say goodbye to mother before deportation - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Dec 21, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by josephr
Santa is about joy and love; he doesn't belong to any religion or culture; he belongs to all children. L’Chaim—To Life Santa
Dog Lovers
Dec 21, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by PeteEwy
Rainy Saturday morning but damn do I need to pee.
Dec 21, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by wordywalt
As time goes on, I notice fewer and fewer posts related to philosophy and meaning which are not linked to questions about religion, and fewer posts about the ironies and poignance of life itself. Surely we have not exhausted our range of such ...
Dec 19, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by TheGreatShadow
I want to punch the computer screen every time I see his face! Tried posting this last night, but must have not gone through.
Science vs Philosphy
Dec 18, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by SeekingWisdom
Science vs. Philosophy? How about both? None other than the great Neil deGrasse Tyson has more than once expressed public disdain for Philosophy (see ""Why Does Neil deGrasse Tyson Hate Philosophy?). I respect and love pretty much everthing ...
Science vs Philosphy
Dec 17, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Word
Philosophy from the mind, science of the matter? Mind over matter. If it doesn't matter, then there is no mind? Yes, playing with words a bit, but maybe it would go somewhere? If you dont mind, does it matter? There must be mind and matter? John ...
Dec 17, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Grecio
How can we stop shootings?
Dec 17, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Donne
Let’s deliberate on the philosophy and other slightly religious tones of The Star Wars situation....
Dec 16, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by evidentialist
A lie artfully told with sufficient frequency eventually becomes the truth for the majority of listeners who are then able to recognize the others and either eliminate them or hold them at a distance. Propaganda has always been a tool of politics...
Dec 16, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by St-Sinner
Barack Obama: Women are better leaders than men Obama is on the speaking circuit. Possibly charging $100K per 2 hour speech plus expenses. Clinton did the same thing after leaving the White House and made millions. When I worked in ...
Family & Parenting
Dec 15, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Kassandra
Update: some sites for co-parenting - modamily.com and familybydesign.com Haven't posted in quite some time... I received an interesting message from someone interested in co-parenting (not specifically with me, but in general). FYI, I know my ...
Dec 11, 2019Dec 2019