Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
You Know God Exists (Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink) Within the scope of people who claim that God exists, you usually get metaphysical arguments that 'prove' that existence. Arguments like how there must ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 20 comments | Australia | Oct 11, 2018
What is "Compartmentalization" with regard to religion?
Posted by By Matias | 30 comments | Germany | Oct 11, 2018
I'm hoping that people here are more open minded than self described atheists. after lurking & occasionally posting at an atheist site for a few months i found that most of them were engaging in ...
Posted by By callmedubious | 50 comments | Canada | Oct 10, 2018
POLL I've been on here a few days now & I LOVE IT! Such a great respit from the other mind numbing sites. Great conversations! Keep it up party people.
Posted by By Avidawn | 32 comments | NC, USA | Oct 10, 2018
So this hurricane brings this question to mind. How do you provide comfort and concern. I can't pray for them. "Thinking good thoughts" is hollow. Suggestions?
Posted by By Trussell2069 | 63 comments | IN, USA | Oct 10, 2018
What are some of your favorite atheist/agnostic songs and song lyrics? I love the theme song for the Atheist Experience podcast and Imagine. Wondering what else is out there.
Posted by By AlanMargu | 64 comments | TX, USA | Oct 10, 2018
Some Evidence for the Simulation Hypothesis The Simulation Hypothesis suggests that we don't actually exist as really real reality but as virtual reality. We 'exist' only as programmed software ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 35 comments | Australia | Oct 10, 2018
American Christians Are Special? Really? According to American Christians, well the ultra-Religious Right fundamentalist variety anyway, American Christians are special and entitled – ditto ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 11 comments | Australia | Oct 10, 2018
Whenever you egaged in an angry altercation with someone else, haven't you invariably thought that the other person was absolutely wrong, and you were absolutely right? Why do we think so?
Posted by By Noyi | 27 comments | India | Oct 10, 2018
Would you move for love?
Posted by By Wchairgal | 128 comments | NY, USA | Oct 10, 2018
Does "the atheist closet" detract from what homosexual individuals went through?
Posted by By thezekroman | 23 comments | TX, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Have you ever been in LOVE before, tell me how did you feel ?
Posted by By Donald1313 | 39 comments | TX, USA | Oct 9, 2018
I work as a therapist with an agency that works with terminally ill patients and their families. The vast majority of the people I work with identify some type of religious belief as one of the ways ...
Posted by By Marktzu | 34 comments | OH, USA | Oct 9, 2018
It's just occurred to me that at some point on Friday this site will reach 50,000 members. Not too shabby :-)
Posted by By ipdg77 | 16 comments | Ryde, UK | Oct 9, 2018
Today marks my 1 year anniversary of joining this site. Since then, friendships have started and a community of people from which I feel comfortable with has developed. This site has grown in so ...
Posted by By mistymoon77 | 22 comments | Bum Fuck MN., USA | Oct 9, 2018
What are some of the most/least religious countries or places you've visited? Would you not want to visit a place because of the reported level of religiosity?
Posted by By SoundMind | 13 comments | VA, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Are there any special purpose in our life other than eating, drinking, sleeping, making merry, quarrelling, amassing wealth, criticising others and such other silly things?
Posted by By Noyi | 55 comments | India | Oct 9, 2018
What matters most in a potential spouse?
Posted by By paul1967 | 65 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 9, 2018
What is your Definition of:
Posted by By paul1967 | 39 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Did the Bible make you an Atheist?
Posted by By tdtallent77 | 92 comments | KS, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Yes we do have peace
Posted by By VillageMom | 10 comments | SC, USA | Oct 8, 2018
What life-altering things should every human ideally get to experience at least once in their lives?
Posted by By WeaZ | 49 comments | MO, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Sneezing and 'bless you'?
Posted by By Firewalk | 27 comments | Near You, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Quick question. What do you guys think of people who don't drink alcoholic beverages for nonreligious purposes but will consume maybe a wine cooler or two a year? Women, does it make you uncomfortable...
Posted by By MrChange | 59 comments | FL, USA | Oct 8, 2018
CSICON 2018, the annual Skeptical Inquirer conference, is coming up Oct 18-21 in Las Vegas! Looks like a solid lineup of speakers and workshops. This will be my first time, and am looking forward to ...
Posted by By The-Krzyz | 4 comments | South San Gabriel, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Why do otherwise rational people believe in GOD?
Posted by By Niteflyr | 36 comments | TX, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Spirituality: Same nonsense by another name?
Posted by By The-Krzyz | 36 comments | South San Gabriel, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Why do you think the religious right are so intent on forcing their agendas on others???
Posted by By Uniquito | 72 comments | CA, USA | Oct 8, 2018
How old/young were you when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 104 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Would like you know your thoughts about this. So I'm atheist, always have been since I was very young. The person I've been dating for almost 3 years is Christian and has always known I'm atheist and ...
Posted by By tj509 | 27 comments | Midwest, USA | Oct 7, 2018
Why is it that the fraudulent Church of Scientology still exists?
Posted by By Marine | 54 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Take me to church?
Posted by By Look4AJourney | 54 comments | MN, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Going for a loved one
Posted by By anonymous | 25 comments | Nowhere really, USA | Oct 7, 2018
I just left Christianity, and they talk a lot about this "darkness" that Jesus delivered them from. I've been wondering, what is this darkness? Is it other religions as well as Satan? When the ...
Posted by By BongoCat | 21 comments | Dallas, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Does evil exist? As non-believers do we still accept the concept of evil in its pure form?
Posted by By 273kelvin | 72 comments | Liverpool, UK | Oct 7, 2018
Is anyone else tired of the philosophical crap about the existence of a theistic God? There is evidence it doesn't exist. If something is contradictory with regards to it's existence then it cannot ...
Posted by By DasReich1969 | 14 comments | Poland | Oct 7, 2018
For those raised in religious homes, how did you explain to your religious parent/s that you no longer subscribe to their beliefs? Did you explain? My dad raised me and my siblings in the Christian ...
Posted by By LannaBull80 | 13 comments | WA, USA | Oct 6, 2018
How many of you still participate in gift exchanges with family/friends during their holidays?
Posted by By Perseids18 | 32 comments | TX, USA | Oct 6, 2018
Is there such a thing as an agnostic, or atheist conservative/Republican? Can't say I've ever spoke with or met one.
Posted by By Ron_R | 17 comments | VA, USA | Oct 6, 2018
Do atheists observe Halloween?
Posted by By freedom41 | 161 comments | IL, USA | Oct 6, 2018
Do you attract a certain type of the opposite sex? Do you have a preferred type?
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 113 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Oct 6, 2018
Top ten ranking Athletes of all times. Ranked overall performance of the top ten most dominant Athletes of all times. First selected different sports that had the highest numbers of fans and ...
Posted by By Castlepaloma | 18 comments | Toronto, Canada | Oct 6, 2018
This is an interesting exploration: People Tell Me I Don't Act Like I'm Married — What Does That Even Mean? [msn.com]—-what-does-that-even-mean/ar-BBNQfgQ?ocid=spartanntp
Posted by By Jacar | 13 comments | Central, USA | Oct 6, 2018
What do you expect from this life?
Posted by By king38 | 49 comments | LA, USA | Oct 6, 2018
One of the arguments made by the religious, is that religion/scripture is the source of our morality. I haven't seen the argument made against it that, scriptures are written documents, by humans,...
Posted by By rob2691 | 15 comments | MD, USA | Oct 6, 2018
Im curious to know how many people believe that after the age of 60-65 or even older that they are going t find someone who make them have butterflies in their stomach like they may have had when they...
Posted by By Annaise | 83 comments | Kapolei, USA | Oct 6, 2018
How do you deal with friends who constantly post religious material on Facebook. The family pictures, recipes etc are nice but enough with the feel good religious posts.
Posted by By ydnil | 25 comments | FL, USA | Oct 5, 2018
All former theists in this group, now that you have slipped the surly bonds of religion, what is your focus going forward? How do you interact with those in your inner circles who still believe? Do ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 16 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Oct 5, 2018
LINK For All Life As We Know It: The Case for Humanist Environmentalism - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 7 comments | OR, USA | Oct 5, 2018
Atheist political party
Posted by By Davekp | 41 comments | Canada | Oct 5, 2018
What would your pet name you?
Posted by By Shawnah | 107 comments | WI, USA | Oct 4, 2018
Question. Do you think that Organised Religion/s have a place in Society as it is now, given that society is advancing its knowledge, etc, exponentially towards a greater understanding and ...
Posted by By Triphid | 37 comments | Broken Hill, Australia | Oct 4, 2018
How many of you attend services, but are agnostic?
Posted by By Adam_Gaha | 50 comments | IN, USA | Oct 4, 2018
You ever have a friendship where you feel like they were always looking for ways to be petty? I'm in the dilemma of not wanting to be a part of their lives but I find myself being drawn in when ...
Posted by By Rabbittarius | 22 comments | CA, USA | Oct 4, 2018
LINK Discovery of first genetic variants associated with meaning in life -- ScienceDaily
Posted by By skado | 12 comments | AL, USA | Oct 4, 2018
What are some of y'alls favorite podcasts?
Posted by By gmerrill03 | 47 comments | TX, USA | Oct 4, 2018
That spiritual feeling. I am not quite sure why so many people have that deeply spiritual feeling of connection or oneness, or part of something greater that we don’t...
Posted by By RichieO | 41 comments | Co. Clare Ireland, Ireland | Oct 4, 2018
Do you think that perhaps Religion/Religious Beliefs and Doctrines have and still are ONE of the main causes of the divisivenesses plaguing Human kind?
Posted by By Triphid | 44 comments | Broken Hill, Australia | Oct 4, 2018
Have you stopped watching a TV show, or listening to a musician due to their political beliefs? Probably. Have you continued to listen/watch/follow an artist in spite of their expressed political ...
Posted by By MikaB | 67 comments | MI, USA | Oct 3, 2018
Unequally Yoked?
Posted by By GDean2016 | 41 comments | Can I Not Get An Amen, USA | Oct 3, 2018
I just don't understand how people can stand being alone. It is the worst feeling for me. I wish it weren't but I have to be honest. Wondering if I'm some sort of freak as most seem just fine with it....
Posted by By Deanervin | 93 comments | WA, USA | Oct 3, 2018
New age beliefs common with relgious/non religious americans [pewresearch.org]
Posted by By weeman | 9 comments | UK | Oct 3, 2018
Doubt vs gullibilty
Posted by By GodlessWahid666 | 33 comments | UK | Oct 3, 2018
If you have a birthday today...
Posted by By Paul628 | 9 comments | Somewhere In, USA | Oct 3, 2018
The existing/non existing Universe
Posted by By Eldovis | 19 comments | VA, USA | Oct 3, 2018
Hi, a vegan atheist here, I live in Holland but I plan to move somewhere in south Europe in the next years. I Speak fluent English, Spanish, and a little French, German, and Portuguese. I am an...
Posted by By homoveganatheist | 12 comments | Netherlands | Oct 3, 2018
Do you love where you live? Why? I'm giving some serious thought to leaving my home Chicago in the next few years.
Posted by By pashaonenine | 84 comments | IL, USA | Oct 2, 2018
POLL Do you believe that a cure for cancer exists, but it's not available to the public because medical companies would lose money on treatments?
Posted by By UrsiMajor | 93 comments | With The Ospreys, USA | Oct 2, 2018
Truth as such has no value in itself. - - - - You need enough truth (= adequate knowledge of the real world 'out there' ) in order to successfully survive. If you know well enough those aspects ...
Posted by By Matias | 22 comments | Germany | Oct 2, 2018
Homosexuality?
Posted by By belfodil | 77 comments | Algeria | Oct 2, 2018
POLL Plagiarism, anyone?
Posted by By misternatureboy | 42 comments | San Francisco Bay Area, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Neuroscience for those in power..
Posted by By FatherOfNyx | 18 comments | VA, USA | Oct 1, 2018
How annoyed do you get when a religious person give all credit to god, despite it was you that may have put in the hard work?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 78 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Oct 1, 2018
So I told my mom this past weekend that I am Agnostic. I didn't expect her to be upset, disappointed, or angry. However, I never expected the response I got from her. She stated that she is agnostic ...
Posted by By yogafan108 | 23 comments | NV, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Someone here (sorry can't find your post) suggested atheist needed a response to "thoughts and prayers". I wrote this after the Paris attacks a few years back. Enjoy THOUGHTS and PRAYERS I ...
Posted by By powder | 8 comments | Australia | Oct 1, 2018
I have returned after a long(ish) hiatus from this site and so happy to see there is an app now! I wasn’t dating or anything but I’m moving back to San Diego soon and hope to meet IRL like ...
Posted by By SarahSiddons | 17 comments | San Diego, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Just released: LCD Soundsystem + Rian Johnson = Wow
Posted by By VictoriaNotes | 10 comments | MS Gulf Coast, USA | Oct 1, 2018
POLL What's worse?
Posted by By Ravenwolfcasey | 87 comments | Belford, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Happy October! If you love all things Halloween, check out my group. &ILoveHalloween
Posted by By CaroleKay | 15 comments | Los Angeles, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Unpopular Opinions I know you got 'em, what are they?
Posted by By maturin1919 | 93 comments | Gotham City, USA | Oct 1, 2018
LINK Bizarre Particles Keep Flying Out of Antarctica's Ice, and They Might Shatter Modern Physics - Scientific American
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 15 comments | LA, USA | Oct 1, 2018
LINK So is it nature not nurture after all? | Science | The Guardian
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 17 comments | WV, USA | Sep 30, 2018
LINK An Antidote to White Male Capitalist Culture: Adrienne Rich on the Liberating Power of Storytelling and How Reading Emancipates – Brain Pickings
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 10 comments | WV, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Do you think it is necessary to try to change people’s perspective about their beliefs or just get on with you own life and respond from your own position when you engage with other people
Posted by By Geoffrey51 | 54 comments | Australia | Sep 30, 2018
LINK Scientists Are Working on an Algorithm to Predict Death - Tonic
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 9 comments | WV, USA | Sep 30, 2018
The Singles/Mingle/Chat Just Reached a Milestone. We Are the First Group on Agnostic.com to Reach 1000 Members. Thanks to All for Their Friendship, Love and Support. Join us for Trivia Tonight at ...
Posted by By sassygirl3869 | 4 comments | Nassau, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Home remedies. What's your favorite?
Posted by By FynTul | 43 comments | MN, USA | Sep 30, 2018
I'm wanting to challenge my beliefs, but struggling to find a challenge to them. I enjoy upgrading them when a well reasoned argument is made....... when one belief is changed, I get hungry for more. ...
Posted by By Secular_Squirrel | 20 comments | Lafayette, USA | Sep 30, 2018
All right, you godless lot. Time for a fun, positive, feel-good game! When was the last time you gave someone a sincere compliment? A friendly acknowledgment that made their day, week, month, or ...
Posted by By misternatureboy | 61 comments | San Francisco Bay Area, USA | Sep 30, 2018
On a sillier note, it's National Chewing Gum Day! The chewing gum of choice in my household as a child was Bazooka, of course-it's kosher, plus it was what was given to my dad as a soldier. So....what...
Posted by By BookDeath | 22 comments | Abingdon, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Have you ever gone out with a true believer , you hit it off. Then out of nowhere they call you the devil and block you and never talk to you again ? Yeah it's happened to me more then once.
Posted by By respawnking2000 | 9 comments | CA, USA | Sep 30, 2018
I keep seeing people posting about the allegations of sexual assault against Bill Clinton and how Democrats turn their head when it's one of their own. (This is coming from people who either believe ...
Posted by By Duke | 43 comments | CO, USA | Sep 30, 2018
What are your favorite proofs against the Bible?
Posted by By Wurlitzer | 45 comments | Hobbit Hills Of NE, USA | Sep 30, 2018
POLL At what age did you stop believing in traditional love as perpetuated in music / movies / mainstream society?
Posted by By umang | 36 comments | Canada | Sep 30, 2018
In the balance between being responsible and being free, where do you find yourself? You could go all the way to one extreme and say you are free from all responsibilities bar what’s necessary for ...
Posted by By Denker | 14 comments | Netherlands | Sep 30, 2018
Are we freethinkers to be as petty as Christians on their websites? I want to hear more about the world changing problems we might soon be facing and the unique solutions that only atheists are ...
Posted by By HumanistSinger | 11 comments | Lancaster, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Well, fellow atheists, this something cool! [egypttoday.com]
Posted by By beerhungry | 4 comments | UK | Sep 30, 2018
POLL What would you expect?
Posted by By Antifred | 18 comments | TX, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Question about finding the right person. Do you believe that to some extent we do not have control over who the right person for us may be? What Im saying is, do you believe that a lot of it is ...
Posted by By lauraleigh38 | 34 comments | SC, USA | Sep 29, 2018