Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
The 10 Worst Foods for Your Heart
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 17 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 10, 2018
Am I wrong to have my guard up over this?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 14 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Dec 10, 2018
Very thrilled to have found this site. It's tough living outside the box in the South, but I'm feeling optimistic that I will fit in and make some rewarding and meaningful connections here. I'd like ...
Posted by By ChrisStockwell | 7 comments | FL, USA | Dec 10, 2018
Do you enjoy a good gossip?
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 39 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Dec 9, 2018
This is how a church should be. Your thoughts?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 23 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 9, 2018
I have been remiss in not updating you on the third long-distance visit. I was there almost 4 weeks, and DharmaBum50 and I had a wonderful visit! He showed me around Berea, KY, and we travelled to ...
Posted by By EllenDale | 30 comments | Escanaba, USA | Dec 9, 2018
@MrLizard and I a few weeks ago
Posted by By germangirl90439 | 9 comments | FL, USA | Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for your encouragement! Got it done.
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 10 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 7, 2018
How cold is COLD to you? It seems when people talk about it being so cold, it's not really cold to me. Of course, it's what you are used to. One does acclimatize to one's environment. And what ...
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By graceylou | 51 comments | Canada | Dec 7, 2018
How do you handle religious strangers in public?
Posted by By Alw314 | 26 comments | SC, USA | Dec 7, 2018
Im new to this site. I'm unsure if I'm agnostic or not.I like the concept of Shiva. Shiva meaning nothing or No-thing. The transcending of God, Gods, beyond God, before there was a God that sort of ...
Posted by By outbox | 11 comments | New Zealand | Dec 7, 2018
What do you turn to in times of sadness?
Posted by By Holodeck30 | 46 comments | OH, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Three-quarters done and ready to give up. Have you ever felt like that?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 25 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 6, 2018
How can modern man believe in a God?
Posted by By CaseyBurch | 26 comments | FL, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Less than 1,500 points to go before t-shirt status. I have always posted things that are relevant and never for points whoedom (till now) but I wonder if I will get there before x-mas or new year?
Posted by By 273kelvin | 9 comments | Liverpool, UK | Dec 6, 2018
Sorrow has reared its head in my life. Our dog passed over the rainbow bridge today, and our hearts are broken. The sorrow will eventually dissipate, replaced by smiles whenever we remember a silly,...
Posted by By tioteo | 29 comments | Orneryville, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Is wearing an agnostic.com tee shirt the same in principle as wearing a 3:18 tee shirt (although I haven’t seen any sporting 3:18 for a few years!) but just a different ideology?
Posted by By Geoffrey51 | 7 comments | Australia | Dec 5, 2018
George HW Bush, while not an overly favorite person of mine, he had his moments. So I have his funeral on now. Why ? I am fascinated by pomp and circumstance - though not always the circumstances....
Posted in Politics
Posted by By evergreen | 10 comments | Inthemiddleof, USA | Dec 5, 2018
Are your points stuck, too?
Posted in Site & Customer Service
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 25 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 4, 2018
POLL When to write a man off?
Posted by By brainyactress | 57 comments | GA, USA | Dec 4, 2018
Do you enjoy fixing things?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 27 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Dec 4, 2018
I've been away for a while. Sometimes I make poor choices, and I offended when I should have known better. I'm sorry- -you know who you are. Now, how is everyone? What is the latest topic?
Posted by By DerekD | 4 comments | Mobile, Al, USA | Dec 3, 2018
Weirdest part about 'Christian' holidays/celebrations/customs?
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By Chooseluv | 10 comments | Canada | Dec 3, 2018
Many atheists find it unpleasant and sometimes don't want to openly and proudly categorize themselves as atheists when asked. Some prefer to use the words humanists spiritualist non believer non ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 24 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Dec 3, 2018
The word spirituality is so connected to religion faith myth and superstition. But there r the non believers the non religious and even atheists agnostics humanists who sometimes say they r non ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 9 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Dec 3, 2018
LINK Lost Cause for the Confederacy For those who think the civil war has ended think again
Posted in Politics
Posted by By JackPedigo | 9 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Dec 3, 2018
Would having a Drag Queen come for storytime at a daycare be acceptable where you live?
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By Lukian | 21 comments | Canada | Dec 3, 2018
When did you know you were an unbeliever?
Posted by By Carlyannieo | 15 comments | PA, USA | Dec 2, 2018
LINK The science is clear: dirty farm water is making us sick
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 8 comments | Omaha, USA | Dec 2, 2018
Why I don't feel guilty about celebrating Christmas 1. Its not Christian. We all know this and we know why. Think of the cave dwellers millenia ago. After the darkest days of winter, the days again ...
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By Amisja | 16 comments | UK | Dec 2, 2018
POLL Are atheists less likely to fall in love? Love has been described as "unconditional positive regard". Not very romantic I grant you but accurate to a degree. Theists open themselves up to "gods ...
Posted by By 273kelvin | 21 comments | Liverpool, UK | Dec 2, 2018
LINK Gay people should not join Catholic clergy, Pope Francis says | World news | The Guardian
Posted in News/Links
Posted by By David1955 | 11 comments | Australia | Dec 2, 2018
LINK Cancer patients who use homeopathy and alternative remedies as part of treatment twice as likely to die from disease, study finds | The Independent
Posted by By Lukian | 15 comments | Canada | Dec 1, 2018
One word only!
Posted by By IslandGyal | 38 comments | MD, USA | Dec 1, 2018
Dealing with religious people at work
Posted by By bunylove7 | 18 comments | Outlandishness, USA | Dec 1, 2018
FOR MANY PEOPLE, SELF-DETERMINATION, PERSISTENCE, AND PATIENCE LEAD TO SUCCESS Many of us don't try because we are afraid to fail. Michael Jordan said, "The key to success is failure." What I ...
Posted by By permanwilson | 5 comments | NJ, USA | Nov 30, 2018
Which path do you prefer?
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By skado | 16 comments | AL, USA | Nov 30, 2018
Emotional response
Posted by By darien75 | 5 comments | UK | Nov 30, 2018
Is there an afterlife? of any sort
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By Albert_Camus | 28 comments | Philippines | Nov 30, 2018
LINK Humanists call for abolition of blasphemy law in proposed hate crime legislation - Scottish Legal News
Posted in Politics
Posted by By Douglas | 6 comments | Wellsburg, USA | Nov 29, 2018
Is anyone else grossed out by cleaning bathrooms, including your own?!
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 31 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Nov 29, 2018
LINK Tucker vs. Bill Nye the Science Guy - YouTube
Posted in Politics
Posted by By paul1967 | 6 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Nov 28, 2018
POLL Dating in todays society
Posted by By darien75 | 29 comments | UK | Nov 28, 2018
Hands up all those who have had a discussion with a deeply religious friend, colleague or family member or even a complete stranger (ie the preacher on the street) and actually produced such a ...
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By darien75 | 7 comments | UK | Nov 28, 2018
POLL Where do you draw the line?
Posted by By SadbDanae | 52 comments | VA, USA | Nov 28, 2018
It has arrived! Not that I can wear this in the flyspeck town where I live, but here I am in the big city where it goes unnoticed.
Posted by By moonmaid | 7 comments | GA, USA | Nov 27, 2018
This has not happened to me, yet; but I would bet someone here has lost, or somehow destroyed, their cellphone at one time or another. My question is; what did you do to retrieve all the ...
Posted by By Condor5 | 20 comments | CA, USA | Nov 27, 2018
ON CHILDHOOD BELIEFS....Words can be SO very powerful. They can be used in positive ways and, unfortunately, in negative ways. Just a single word can stick with you for years!. When I was a little ...
Posted by By Realist9 | 8 comments | AL, USA | Nov 26, 2018
For men on dating sites. A woman recently posted on here that it makes her uncomfortable when men message her for the first time and say hey baby, hey sexy, or hey beautiful. I totally and ...
Posted by By Marcie1974 | 72 comments | Mankato, USA | Nov 26, 2018
An inquiring mind wants to know...
Posted by By Amzungu2 | 12 comments | IL, USA | Nov 26, 2018
How can you express your feeling to a woman you love ?
Posted by By godisgood10 | 12 comments | CA, USA | Nov 26, 2018
What do you enjoy about workplace holiday parties?
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 15 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Nov 26, 2018
How do you tell children about death?
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By Diogenes1972 | 17 comments | NY, USA | Nov 26, 2018
Religion vs Atheism
Posted by By TheAquarius | 17 comments | Dominican Republic | Nov 26, 2018
One year ago today (Sun. 11/25) I ran across an ad on FB for Agnostic.com, a dating site and community of non-believers. And I have to say... it has been a life changing experience. No, I haven't met...
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By BeeHappy | 23 comments | NV, USA | Nov 26, 2018
LINK What you're getting wrong about your pursuit of happiness
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 9 comments | WV, USA | Nov 24, 2018
As one who was brought up in a Christian household, and has spent his life in government jobs, is it just me, or does it seem like it's less acceptable to not believe in an omnipotent man in the sky, ...
Posted by By CyberKnight | 10 comments | FL, USA | Nov 24, 2018
So, I considered myself agnostic for most of my life...slipping into atheism in my early 40's (I'm 61 now). I read the bible beginning at age 8 and just could not buy into it...Even then, I thought ...
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By yayagoddess | 15 comments | OH, USA | Nov 24, 2018
Hope you got your fill of tryptophan and booze!! Gobble gobble ❤❤❤ I'm thankful for you all.
Posted by By pepperjones | 32 comments | WA, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Who do atheists thank on Thanksgiving? [youtube.com]
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By CuriousCreature | 24 comments | NY, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Not everyone spending Thanksgiving alone wants to be pitied. Sometimes it's a conscious choice, made from a history of bad experiences beyond ones control. I’m so thankful for my son and ...
Posted by By Julie808 | 15 comments | Kapaa, Kauai, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Is it possible to fall in love with someone with opposing political views?
Posted by By Grumpy | 58 comments | UK | Nov 22, 2018
Uncovering the True History of Thanksgiving "The Wampanoag Thanksgiving experience What is the true history of Thanksgiving? When you hear about the Pilgrims and “the Indians” harmoniously ...
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By ailurophile | 5 comments | Satan's Kingdom, USA | Nov 22, 2018
What is your ritual for thanksgiving, if any?
Posted by By BlakeA | 5 comments | TN, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Happy thanksgiving to all. I'm breaking out my thanksgiving dress, that would also work perfectly if I was 9 months pregnant, and get this holiday rolling!
Posted by By Kojaksmom | 7 comments | Blue Dot In Red State, USA | Nov 22, 2018
For those of you who are alone during the holidays, (and would prefer not to be), meetup.com has groups where you can meet fabulous people and lots of meetup groups are having Thanksgiving get ...
Posted by By Hihi | 4 comments | Dayton, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Happy Thanksgiving. I just want to say I'm thankful for your friendship. Just because I'm atheist doesn't mean I'm not thankful. I love this community.
Posted by By confidentrealm | 6 comments | TX, USA | Nov 22, 2018
A salute to everyone who spends this day alone for whatever reason!
Posted by By btroje | 7 comments | NM, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Thankful for all of you on this day !!!!
Posted by By laostus3 | 6 comments | Indianapolis, USA | Nov 22, 2018
Why are we so important? No I am not talking humans or self aggrandisement. I talking about this site and us the people who contribute to it. Yes all of us from the sjws to the gun toting ...
Posted by By 273kelvin | 7 comments | Liverpool, UK | Nov 22, 2018
Who or what was the most influential thing that brought you to who you are today?
Posted by By MikMor7one4 | 18 comments | CA, USA | Nov 21, 2018
I am coming out to my boyfriend tomorrow! Any advice? We have been dating for a year and I was religious going into this relationship. I think it’s only fair to him to at least be honest because ...
Posted by By chlorine413 | 35 comments | CA, USA | Nov 21, 2018
What has been your experience with humanist/agnostic/athiest groups that meet in person?
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By RationalThinker | 11 comments | Toronto, Canada | Nov 21, 2018
2018. In the first week of the year I lost a very good friend to cancer. By the middle of the first month, I met a wonderful man (with whom I currently live and with whom I met on this site!). The ...
Posted by By MyLiege | 5 comments | FL, USA | Nov 21, 2018
What are a few of your favorite things?
Posted by By pepperjones | 56 comments | WA, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Should churches and clergy pay regular taxes? Why should the fireman teacher and nurse have to work to support the freeloading clergy? How is that a separation of church and state?
Posted in Politics
Posted by By MauiMike | 14 comments | NC, USA | Nov 21, 2018
It's been my observation that when folks speak on religious freedoms they are not talking about the right to unencumbered worship in their private space but rather the freedom to come into the public ...
Posted in Politics
Posted by By MauiMike | 4 comments | NC, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Is the pre-meal Thanksgiving prayer a attempt by others to push their religious beliefs upon you?
Posted by By MauiMike | 8 comments | NC, USA | Nov 21, 2018
This has probably been asked before, but I'll drag it up again. Is or has anyone been in a relationship with a very religious person? How has that worked? Would you do it again?
Posted by By MagicOfReality | 11 comments | KY, USA | Nov 21, 2018
How to overcome the Emotional blackmailing of religious relatives ? Especially religious parents
Posted by By Baggio | 4 comments | India | Nov 21, 2018
Why does religious belief have a strong effect on people?
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By SirDaddyGru | 6 comments | TX, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Need help on Christmas (Ugh, I know) Present
Posted by By KenChang | 18 comments | WA, USA | Nov 20, 2018
Open minded?
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By WeaZ | 11 comments | MO, USA | Nov 20, 2018
Things you don't find acceptable.
Posted by By darien75 | 13 comments | UK | Nov 20, 2018
I remember this from High School, still apt today.
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 4 comments | Omaha, USA | Nov 19, 2018
Do you peruse before you pounce?
Posted by By Amzungu2 | 23 comments | IL, USA | Nov 19, 2018
Look what i got
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By SonOfABeachII | 11 comments | NE, USA | Nov 19, 2018
For those who will meet up with family (and friends) this holiday season, here's some advice from Bill Maher on what to do. Summary: shut up about politics :) [youtube.com] While on the topic, ...
Posted in Site & Customer Service
Posted by By Admin | 53 comments | On Agnostic.com | Nov 19, 2018
Has anyone else here read 'the golden bough' by james frazer? an immense work of anthropology with thousands of references cited about the patterns of belief and superstition seen repeated all over ...
Posted by By loudshirt | 4 comments | Sydney, Australia | Nov 19, 2018
What's your favourite Atheist quote/saying?
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By Jonboy | 28 comments | UK | Nov 19, 2018
Is it harder for non-believers to find love?
Posted by By Ronaldo | 27 comments | Philippines | Nov 19, 2018
LINK Neil Gaiman Shuts Down Bill Maher over Disrespectful Stan Lee Comments
Posted in News/Links
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 7 comments | CA, USA | Nov 18, 2018
What Are Some Of Your Insecurities About Yourself That You Feel Someone May Not Understand?
Posted by By SleeplessInTexas | 21 comments | TX, USA | Nov 18, 2018
I have a few friends who r atheists. Here is something we been talking about recently. Some expressed the view that the now new Atheists Dawkins harris dilahunty Aron ra and many others r now ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 5 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Nov 18, 2018
POLL Okay folks what is The Classic Atheist Sunday? Is it vibrators and wine? A decadent brunch? We know where we aren't - so how do we spend the day!? Feel free to expound in the comment section.
Posted by By RavenCT | 28 comments | Northeast, USA | Nov 18, 2018
Humanity and how we got to be
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By Helena88 | 15 comments | TX, USA | Nov 18, 2018
Hi everyone I’m new here and I’m so happy that there’s a place like this that shares the same ideas I always want a place like this to to share my story I’m from a very religious country a ...
Posted by By AdamsAbra | 7 comments | Italy | Nov 18, 2018
When did you first realize that religion made no sense?
Posted by By thyperson | 45 comments | CA, USA | Nov 18, 2018