Agnostic.com

15 1

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!

Have you ever surprised yourself by accomplishing something?
What was that accomplishment?

AMGT 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I managed a barre chord for the first time after months of trying back in high school. After that, anything was possible🙂

At one point in my life i was close to 360 pounds. I am now down to around 220. I m now controlling my diabetes through diet and excercise, no meds. I am also dealing with my depression, again with diet, excercise and select nutritional supplements, as well as using hypnotic affirmation recordings while i sleep. I am my own mad-science experiment.

Wow! Fantastic!

I changed the agitator dogs in my washing machine by myself, thanks to YouTube. And I made my credit score respectable again after I divorced the reason it was low.

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

I made it to Level 6 before midnight!! (east coast time) 😉

Gong Show fodder.

godef Level 7 Dec 23, 2017

I want to answer this - - in detail.

Just not yet. But, I'll give this bit, so you can all understand.

When one was bred with so much to fear, even knowledge can't circumvent all those buttons that were installed in your mind.

Logic aside - I still have many fears. And many that I trusted and loved who helped make those fears real.

In my mind, I've done nothing more than any father should do. We won't talk about what happens in my mind afterward.

[facebook.com]
this has nothing to do with this post. I couldnt find the "what made you laugh today" thread but this fits just about anywhere

I quit school in the 9th grade because I thought it was a waste of time. I wanted to spend a lot of time outside before I went to medical school I got in with no college degree either. I can't believe I used to be so sure of how things would work out

Wait, you went to medical school without an undergraduate degree?

@JeffMurray I have an associates degree in nursing for insurance because it was still a challenge for women to be admitted, but no I do not have an undergraduate degree.After I got my MD I went back to see if they would grant me an honorary degree. THey sent me a list of credits they wanted me to complete. NOT

@btroje That's amazing. I know it's possible, but I've been working in hospitals for a decade and a half and have never seen it.

@JeffMurray yeah its kinda weird. a lot of people don't believe it but its true.thanks, iit wasnt easy

Almost everything I've done has been a surprise. Not to me. To my mother.

Quit smoking a year ago! 😀

@AMGT Thanks! 🙂

I passed both classes I recently took when I went back to school last semester (August-December) with a 90% .

I worked really hard trying to learn figure skating skills on my own, (with books and video) well into adulthood and without a formal coach. When I started successfully landing double salchow jumps, I was stunned and thrilled. I was 33 years old.

It was powerlifting 640lbs for five reps, while weighing only 220lbs. That was before I became a dad, then my being a father surpassed that ,lol

I'm more surprised by how easy it is for me to interact with high level state leaders. I've always known I was capable, I'm just surprised how natural it is for me to speak up and challenge them.

LGBTQ Introduction service. Only straight woman to do so-made BostonPhoenix, Channel 56 News.-20 years ago

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.