Agnostic.com

28 4

I recently posted about losing one of my cat family,and,got very little response. I have noticed that intellectual posts tend to get more response than emotional ones. Why, I am wondering? Honestly, I felt disappointed, but,maybe that is just normal here? Should I stick to technical stuff here? Just curious,since I am relatively new.

mike1951 6 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

With all the posts it is easy to miss one especially if the title doesn't catch your attention. I rescue snow dogs and have had my share of losses. It hurts deeply. My dogs are not judgemental unlike most people. Only one of them talks back. They become our confessors and best friends and it is very hard to get over the loss but we must carry on.

Sorry, you lost your friend, didn't see your original post, I know how tough it can be to lose a beloved animal, it does get easier with each one you lose over the years but, thats a good thing it means you have loved each one in their time.

It's because I wasn't here. OHMYGAWD, I am so sorry about your cat. How old was he or she. It's horrible to lose one, I wish I was there with you. They're so beautiful and loving, get another one as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Texas Politics is keeping me from being a Cat Lady full time, Trump hasn't helped that either. Cat ladies rock. Sorry about your baby, get another one. When one has a heart full of love ... put it somewhere I say.

I think that most people in an online community feel more comfortable in an intellectual conversation rather than in an emotional one. It's easy to have an intellectual conversation with people you've never met, but emotionally, it takes more time to get comfortable with people, especially online.

I wouldn't worry about who responds and who "likes." Just do you. Or as I like to say, "I'ma gonna do what I do best. I'ma gonna do me."

That being said, no matter how nice and friendly I try to be, people refuse to worship me.

I fear I did not see your post, but I understand how you feel, being a dog-lover who has lost loved dogs.

Best wishes.

post what you want my friend

I never saw it.

This is the first that I have heard of this topic. I am on this site throughout most days, since I am currently on vacation. I most certainly would have replied as my cats are precious to me. I am not sure that your message got posted where most would see it.

Such loss is excruciating. Please feel free to send me a message if you could use a sympathetic ear.

Zster Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

Having read most of the other comments on your post, it is obvious many of us did not see the post in a timely manner, if at all. I don't check in every day so....anyway, I am sorry for your loss. Pets are our friends, our family. I wish you well.

I like all kinds of animals and feel loss when they pass, some much more than others. I didnt notice your post and in the past few days have noticed the board being slow. I wonder if some posts are just not making it on the board. Thanks for sharing your personal life. If I had seen it I would have responded

I am another one who missed your post. I am a cat person also (we have two plus a third 'just visiting'😉. We have lost many cats over the years, and it is always a very sad occasion, especially that last trip to the vet's. I hope whatever glitch it was that caused so few of us to see your post, it will not cause you to leave our group — please stick around.

Didn't see it... But even if I did I would have probably not replied. I'm sorry for your loss, however. I tend to avoid emotional posts not because technical is more relevant , but because for some of us struggling with our own demons it may not be the best time or place to open up and let this in. May I suggest a support group perhaps? General message boards are not always the best place if you have immediate need of emotional support

Sorry, man, I didn’t see it either. probably timing of the post - don’t take it personally. My dad’s piece of wisdom is that, the worst thing about cats is they don’t live as long as people. It really sucks to lose a pet. I’m very sorry for your loss.

Didn't see the post, either, partner. All I can say is that I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost 3 dogs and 5 cats where I live. Coyotes, rattle snakes, and traffic. Hurts every time, but life goes on.

I care for them, but I refuse to be their jailer. I have a cat here that stays in the house, but it is his choice. The door is open (cat door) if he wants to go out, but he never has.

I am sorry for your loss. Our pets are like family. Where I used to work, people could take some time off for the loss of a pet. I have lost pets too and I know how you feel.

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post sooner. I’ve been busy preparing for the Christmas holiday, but I’m sorry to hear about your loss. Just try to remember the good memories you and your cat shared. She/he will always be alive in your memories.

Sometimes it is hard for someone to share their feelings with a stranger when it hits too close to home. I am sad for your loss. I personally love cats, but would never own one just for that reason - I know I am going to live longer than they will, and I don't want to deal with the emotions that come with their death.

So your cycle of get cat -> cat dies -> remorse -> get another cat is what you have chosen, and that tends to lessen my wanting to respond to your post, too, since I don't want to be judgmental on things you have chosen to do in your life.

Hey man, also didn't see the post,
I am a cat person, (also dogs) and have more animals than people in my world,
so do feel for you,
Hopefully kitty had a long and happy life, we outlive them a few times over, makes for lots of heartache.

I'm sorry, I didn't see your original post about losing your pet. I am sorry about your loss.

Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. I never saw the post. I think there may be something wonky going on with the posts lately. I've posted some things that don't show up under "recent activity".

Duke Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

I didn't see it. I would have replied! My old cat is laying by my side as I write this, and I know her end is near. It's torture. There are a lot of people who don't understand the depth of grief that comes with the loss of a pet, but I do. I wish I'd seen your post and offered you support.

I have a colony of strays in my neighborhood that I feed and water twice a day. Some let me pet them. Some run from me every time they see me. I live on a busy street. Inevitably they get in the street and I have to deal with their little bodies. It hurts me EVERY TIME, whether I got to pet them or not. Life is fleeting. Dogs, cats, humans, everything. It hurts to lose loved ones. Even furry loved ones. They have lives.

@atheist
Rude is not all that attractive of a trait.

I didn't see it. I lost a fur baby who helped me deal with my wife's death so I relate to your loss.

I didn't see the cat post. So sorry that you lost a fur baby. I recently lost one myself (my dog Jaz). It hurts to say goodbye 😟.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.