Agnostic.com

28 4

I recently posted about losing one of my cat family,and,got very little response. I have noticed that intellectual posts tend to get more response than emotional ones. Why, I am wondering? Honestly, I felt disappointed, but,maybe that is just normal here? Should I stick to technical stuff here? Just curious,since I am relatively new.

mike1951 6 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't worry about who responds and who "likes." Just do you. Or as I like to say, "I'ma gonna do what I do best. I'ma gonna do me."

That being said, no matter how nice and friendly I try to be, people refuse to worship me.

I never saw it.

Sometimes it is hard for someone to share their feelings with a stranger when it hits too close to home. I am sad for your loss. I personally love cats, but would never own one just for that reason - I know I am going to live longer than they will, and I don't want to deal with the emotions that come with their death.

So your cycle of get cat -> cat dies -> remorse -> get another cat is what you have chosen, and that tends to lessen my wanting to respond to your post, too, since I don't want to be judgmental on things you have chosen to do in your life.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.