Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Dear Elon, (Jon Talton)

”In this age of fake egalitarianism where billionaires wear T-shirts or suits without ties, I know you won’t mind me calling you by your first name.” This is a journalist I read (I won’t use the ‘R’ word). He, above most journalists, have a real touch on what is going on in the world and not just business. This also adds a comment to a recent posting here about the upper 1%. If you don’t read the article here is another great excerpt. ”We don’t do great things anymore. We cut, privatize, kill visionary projects and shred the safety net. All in the service of tax cuts for the wealthy, poisonous “conservative” and libertarian ideologies and letting Wall Street loot the wealth it took more than a century to create. Endless wars don’t help.” “Addressing the existential threat of climate change, a “goal (that) will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills,” to use JFK’s words, is beyond us. Easier to keep drilling, fracking and burning” wow.

JackPedigo 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, this is where we are holding the live wire and saying it will stop hurting after a while.

Wow. I agree with this critique.

WOW! is right. good article

You have a solid point, and additionally, plundering resources is not sustainable in the long run, either.

Our economic base is dependent on the natural resources. That is the principle. Prime rule is to be living on the interest. We are dipping deeply into the principle and woe to the future generations. I see people having kids and really feel sorry for what they will have for a future.

@JackPedigo

Yes, you are right. Additionally again, our population is too large, and there are too many idiots who are over-consuming which makes it worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.