Agnostic.com

8 5

What's your thoughts on prostitution?

I believe that prostitution belongs in modern society and is wrongly judged by religious standards.

SamL 7 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's the oldest job in history. It's not going to end.

Why is it illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away for free?

George Carlin said it best: "Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. WHY ISN'T SELLING FUCKING LEGAL!?!?!?"

I'm not a big fan of it but it should be legal for the mere fact that it's safer for all involved and it can be regulated and taxed.

Legalizing it and bringing it under modern employment laws for health and safety standards. Would strip the powers from the pimps.

If prostitution is illegal, why is it that the women are mainly the ones arrested? Why are the johns not routinely arrested. Also, there is a lot of sex-trafficking going on, which means one of the parties is being forced to have sex. I think decriminalized prostitution will make that situation worse.

CS60 Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

I think the two at least slightly tied. If johns are arrested, it may lessen demand. And less demand would hopefully lead to less sex trafficking & slavery. I’m not a big fan of criminalization, but if it is illegal both parties should arrested. Sorry I’m that radical feminist your parents warned you about.

There will always be a demand for prostitution. In some cultures buyers are arrested but prostitution remains.

Government should stay out of what two consenting adults do. End of story.

It's a service between two consenting adults. Get the law out of this agreement.

You cannot convince a republican that small government means no control over a person's sexuality. That's the main problem.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.