Agnostic.com

12 10

He needed technology!

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

what do u mean he needs technology?

dc65 Level 7 Dec 23, 2017

If he had GPS...

@Sarahroo29 I was not following your conversation that is why I asked

I wasn't having a conversation. It's a post.

@Sarahroo29 I know I got in on the middle and didnnderstand what I was talking about I'm sorry

It's okay.

dc65: I think she means if he had access to a gps, or other modern technology, it would not have taken forty years for him to reach the "promised land."

Thank you. I thought everyone would get my joke? I guess not.

Lmfao! I never understood how they could have spent that much damn time lost. And the way God treated hat poor man after being faithful is just plain sad. But hey, what do you expect? He’s the asshole god!

Ya... especially sticking him in the desert like that. You'd think the big guy could have thrown down a Garmin or something.

The Exodus story, like all the rest, is a fiction. According to the numbers given in the story, there would have been between 1.6 and 2 million people leaving Egypt at that time. First, this represents a huge proportion of the total population of the country at that time -- you would think that someone would have thought that noteworthy and written it down somewhere. Second, if they moved out ten groups abreast with reasonable spacing for the next set in the column, when the first of them reached the Red Sea (or anywhere along that line), fully 25% of them would still be in Egypt, waiting to leave. 2 million people wandering around in the Sinai desert would have left obvious evidence of their passage, particularly if they spent 40 years there, yet there is nothing.

But that isn't the worst of it. If this were a wise deity who could see all, how come he didn't send them south so they would get the oil?

LMAO!!!!!

He did supposedly disappear up a mountain for a few days while he carved some commandments into tablets, I mean god made some tablets, but I think 40 years may have been a slight exaggeration!

Dav87 Level 6 Dec 23, 2017

If he'd only turned right instead of left, we Jews would have the oil. The world would be a much better place.

He needed a GPS desperately.

could have been bad manna

Ya know.. Normally I’m all pleased inside for not having had any, if specifically, the ‘christian religion’ impressed upon me. That said, there’s a lot of shit about it I’m not all that familiar with… But that’s funny, even I get it 🙂

Varn Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

That's funny. True.

The Bible conviently leaves out being kept away by the Cainites and being constantly raided by the Egyptians during that time.

Moses asked for directions and god cast down a magical talking stone map- somewhere in Exodus

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10135
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.