Agnostic.com

22 0

Who is your favorite author?

Mattbat637 5 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Neil Gaiman

Mark Twain; Aldous Huxley; Steven Pinker and Viktor Frankl.

Deen koontz

Treme Level 2 Oct 8, 2017

Tom Robbins makes me laugh, Eco Umberto challenges me, Neil Gaimen takes me away, Bertrand Russell guides me, John Irving flat out entertains...the list goes on and on.

Caron Level 2 Oct 26, 2017

Terry Pratchett, George Bernard Shaw.

I have many favorite authors but I think most of us here would be fans of Christopher Hitchins (R.I.P.)

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Me.

Okay, I was being a little facetious. It's hard to say. It depends on the genre, but I have to say that the majority of authors I hold in esteem are now dead.

Terry Pratchett
Larry Niven
Philip K. Dick
Isaac Asimov
Jerry Pournelle
Robert Heinlein
Arthur C. Clarke

John Steinbeck
Ernest Hemingway
Edgar Allen Poe

The list is way too long.

I enjoy reading thrillers...so I enjoy Brad Thor, Lee Childs, Vince Flynn and writers like that.

Terry Pratchett

Malcolm Gladwell

Kurt Vonnegut and James Michner.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

Different categories different authors. On the subject of religion it's Joseph Campbell.

For me I enjoyed Richard Bach, Carlos Casteneda and Dr. Seuss to name a few.

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

James Baldwin, but there are so many greats: Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Faulkner, Rushdie, Morrison. It's tough to choose one.

Jack Kerouac.

George Orwell, Salman Rushdie

Tashu Level 3 Nov 25, 2017

Bob Woodward. He helped take down NIXON.

Agatha Christie.

Twain, Dickens, Kerouac, Sartre, Camus; the list goes on.

As an atheist who admittedly is still fascinated by some paranormal stuff like ghosts or cryptozoology, Brad Steiger, Loren Coleman, and Jerome Clark are pretty good.

For other authors, Stephen King and Wayne Barlowe are pretty good

two: Michael Connelly and Deborah Harkness

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.