Agnostic.com

7 5

When was the last time a stranger made your day?

AmiSue 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you responded to my joining this group

A couple of days ago I was standing outside of the physical therapy building waiting for my ride when a kid about 6-7 years old who needed help walking smiled at me, waved and said hi.

I smiled back and waved when I said hi.

The last time that someone made my day was a really small thing, but it had a big effect on me. I'd gotten some food at the mall food court, which consisted of a burrito and a Dr. Pepper, as is my wont. I was trying to balance everything going back to my table, and my hands were full. My Dr. Pepper spilled everywhere, and a total stranger helped me to clean it up. After we'd finished, he asked me what I was drinking, and I told him it was a large Dr. Pepper. He bought me another Dr. Pepper to replace the one that I had spilled, and when I offered to pay him, he refused. It was really kind of him, and I never so much as learned his name. 🙂

@wildgreens said something about me in here... I felt honored.

She's a wonderful lady.

Saturday a family gave my son a free gingerbread man just thought it was nice

When I was pregnant with my daughter, and pretty far along at that, I ran to the grocery store later in the evening. Rushed, feeling a mess, standing in the bulk food section, a random man told me I was beautiful out of the blue. It was in a very genuine, kind of way. I think I needed to hear it that day. It's almost as if he knew. My face flushed red and I managed a thanks and a smile. Wish people could know how timing can have a big impact on someone's day, both good and bad.

That was a nice gesture by this random man. I try to smile at most people in my daily walk.

When I was a young adult lad, she was a nursing student, we went to her car and (*censored).

Edit: Seriously, it was about two years ago. I was standing in line about to pay for my groceries and realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home. Well, this lady noticed, she inserted her card and paid the $50 plus bill. She said don't worry about paying her back, she only said that if you can do this for someone in the future, please do. She left and I said, thank you and goodbye.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.