Agnostic.com

45 5

I don't like humans - is that bad ?

SharkGirl 3 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Liking" people is not a necessity........not wanting to like people can lead to a very boring, lonely life......enjoying people is like a smile, a hug, a kiss....can make me feel good all over more than any where else......damn....I like feeling good.

I can completely understand your feelings but there are many really cool people out there. I prefer cats over most people.

My life experiences have taught me to not trust humans, especially those who claim a religion.

frankly my dear, there are so many, incredibly numerous humans who are sooooooo good and who can be trusted and loved and be loved by them in return with or without religion, atheists, freethinkers, believers, lonely, jolly good fellas. just keep an open mind (and cautious, yes). it's still a wonderful wide world out there. have fun

I have little use for most people and I'm not going to bother chastising myself for it. I AM making a conscious effort to be kind and tolerant anyway.

how wonderful of you to be kind and tolerant. i hope you give preference to lesser mortals

Humans have major down sides as well as up sides.

If you have genuinely thought about humanity there will be periods of dislike.

Do you think it's bad? That's what's really important. It's your life and if you are happy by yourself and having contact with others as little as possible, then so be it.

I feel the same way. The amount of people i actually can tolerate is about 5. Lol I do however love animals. (Especially cats ????) I was more upset about my first cats passing then my grandfather dying of a heart attack. People have let me down so much I just keep to myself and my cat for the most part. Most people suck.

For me its dogs and cats but also wild animals the life of a deer means more to me than say Trump.

the life of a cockroach, or a worm, means more to me than the orange one !

I'm starting to wonder if I really belong on this planet.. Like, if this stuff on the news is what humans are, then I don't think I am one. I don't feel like I'm one of them.

yes, i feel like that most of the time - which is why i rarely follow the msm news anymore.

Of course not. I prefer the company of my puppy over a human any day of the week and twice on Sunday.....

I usually say the same thing, and I prefer animals over people any day.

No, it's actually rational and understandable. We are fcking up our home and eradicating our fellow terrestrial species with little or no remorse. I'm a humanist, but humans are egotistical, shortsighted asshles who don't care about humanity's posterity.

It's easy to dislike humankind but you gotta stay open to the thought that there are other people just like you out there.

I feel the same.

Bad ? , I certainly don't think so !

It seems to be more of a foregone conclusion, to someone with a sensitive and active mind, after being among them for any length of time. Sure, there's tolerable ones here and there, really good ones even ! , but it's not always easy to locate them.

And meanwhile ... there's ALL those others !!!! Arrgh !

Humans are just another species, ok we are the dominant species on the planet - for now. This has not always been the case and should we pass, eventually another will assert itself and evolve, or visa versa. I do not like our species in general, there a few people I vaguely like, and a couple I love, and in the wider population I am sure there would be many people I would see value in. I have thought this way for over 45 years, as a teen I asked myself, if I have the power to snap my fingers and humans, including myself, would never have existed, would i do it. The answer was yes, and it still is. Collectively we do too much damage and cause too much pain.

As Mark Twain once said, "Man is the only animal capable of blushing... or has need to."

Generally, I don't much like a lot of people either. However, there are a few people worth liking and loving in the world.

I have my fair share of dislike for most humans too. As I have gotten older I have become more recluse because of so much negative interactions with humans.

DeiP Level 5 Oct 4, 2017

I totally understand. A friend wanted to give me a tee shirt that said "Just call me Miss Ann Thrope" the amount of people I like is ever dwindling. I love animals. I love plants so much. I love some people who have proven themselves worthy of trust.

You don't have to like anyone! At all. But you probably love someone.

My mom used to tell me, " I didnt like my mom, but I loved her" I always liked how complex, honest and real that statement was.

I wouldn't say not liking humans is "bad" necessarily, a lot of them give plenty of reasons to dislike. BUT, there are plenty of lovely folks out there who will enrich your life. I think the key to having better relationships with fellow humans is knowing what you will and won't put up with, being forgiving of mistakes that are truly that (don't let people walk all over you, but don't discount someone over something they couldn't control), and delight in who they are at their core when they let you get close. People will surprise you, and nine time out of ten, it will be a good surprise!

People suck. But without people, there's no progress or technology. I like electricity.

Best plan? Stick with the few humans you can tolerate.

Unless you mean that you don't "like" humans because you "like" another species. In which case, TMI, and the Humane Society might want to view you a tad askance. But hey, to each their own. ^_^

humans went away from them nature, so I also do not like behavior of modern human.

Firstly, you get to decide what is good or bad to you, just as @Freetothink said. Secondly, I assume that your challenge is with certain behaviors that are expressed by some, but not all humans. Personally, I don't like certain kinds of snakes, but I believe that they can be useful in certain situations. Humans can be useful as well; even when they express those distasteful behaviors, they help us understand 'why' we don't like them. I prefer dogs at times, so I understand.

Yea...that's probably bc they have feelings that usually amount to them killing each other over pointless shit and they smell bad and produce waste...Good thing I'm a robot cyborg! Glad to know other individuals on this site support my cause of worldwide mechanization.

Chase Level 2 Sep 16, 2017

huh?!? rise of the machines ! ! ! . . . calling Marty Mcfly, get me on that De Lorean and fly me out of this dimension ! (joke,joke,joke!!!)

No I can't stand people either they are cruel evil things and I would not shed a tear for the end of mankind

It is not normal cause you are human, first like yourself and than try to love your close relatives.

No is not Bad, humans know what they had done to be Disliked.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.