Agnostic.com

20 1

Anyone else out there disabled?

I have found that the nicest and most sincere people out there are the ones with disabilities. If you are disabled too what is your opinion about this?

MargaretWardell 4 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a disabled vet. Just had to leave my job because of neurological, and mental health issues, people seem less understanding of mental health issues very sad.

When you intimately know how somethings feel/affect you, you are more empathetic towards others that suffer.

Yes, I’m disabled. I was forced to retire early from nerve issues and damage, which cause me to have chronic pain, muscle weakness, and a variety of other issues. I have head issues too—ptsd, general and social anxiety, Asperger’s, and other stuff.

just mentally ill

Yes, I would say I am because I am. It's a mental thing with me.

SamL Level 7 Dec 24, 2017

I was just thinking that I'm disabled because I have so many crutches! Yet I can walk okay most of my disabilities fall in the range of psychological like anxiety disorder and depression. My crutches are self-medication smoking sex and food.

I have a mental disability.

I’m a disabled veteran with a traumatic brain injury. I would like to think I’m a very nice person but in my travel’s I have met some people with disabilities that were total assholes. I say it all depends on the person.

I too have a TBI from a car crash on the way to work 30 years ago. Now practically all of my friends are disabled. I just ignore the “assholes” and the ones that remain my friends are great.

Was with the Midway battle group on an AFS in Desert Shield & Desert Storm. If someone is looking to cause you trouble you just shout, why would you mess with a vet throw the disabled in there would bet more times another vet will come to help you.

Back L5 S1 replaced Disc disease and arthritis in my back sometimes so bad my legs go numb am in constant pain. Never use painkillers other than alive. Some days are better than others.

L3 L4 compressed disc, disc disease, and old compression fractures. I can't recall the name of the area near my neck but the pain gets unbearable and my arm goes numb even when I'm doing simple tasks. I know a little bit of how you feel.

Ibroke my back L4 and L5=in car accident 8 years ago-never got disability for that injury-but medical mj you may qualify for.

yes I am disabled and your right

I too am disabled, and I believe that suffering can make a person more empathetic and more compassionate. I suffer from depression and I also have had some problems with anger in recent years. I am humbled and sorry to see how many people here have a lot more problems than I do. I'm thankful for what I have.

I'm in the middle of a disability claim now, Epilepsy, Bipolar probably caused by the Epilepsy, and my back is a mess.

I am, but I’m not going to say because I’m too ashamed of it. I really do think it happens to the best of us is because life is cruel and also the fact we live in an indifferent Universe. Life is backwards.

Yes... if you need more information just message me.

I don't need more information, but it would be nice to know how you are coping with your disability and any suggestions you can pass on to others who may benefit from your experience.

I have Morning Glory Syndrome. Effects one in ten million people. Some people win lotto. I get Morning Glory Syndrome. Gotta love how the roll of fate's dice plays out.

As for being nice? I would say I'm a pretty stand up guy. But I can be one cold, mean som'bitch if I need to be.

Raises hand

Yes, ma'am.

It feels that way sometimes.

I'm f#coked in the head. Does that count?

Margaret I'm a cancer survivor after 5 years. Have had issues from graft vs host disease. PT and OT-offiicially disabled-have progressed from wheelchair to walking and good health again. My 34 year old daughter was born with cp and I started a masters in Special ed-I am told I have a heart of gold by friends.

You do have one <3

I'm a 3-year breast cancer survivor too, but my main disability is a severe head injury from a car crash 30 years ago (2-month coma, hemiplegia plus all the other sh*t that goes along with it). I was a middle school teacher for 10 years before the accident but there is no way I could ever get a Masters in Special Ed now (although I would love to). More power to you for pushing through the disability and getting your Masters! Tough to have a daughter born with CP.

I'm disabled and I've experienced the same cor the most part with a few exceptions

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.