Agnostic.com

34 7

How can I stop acting feminine/gay?

I am a 27years old man who would pass as bi, but have never acted on his gay feelings because I grew up in Nigeria and will like to keep my head on my shoulders.
I left Nigeria last year December to apply for asylum in the U.S. but I was denied because I am an atheist. (Because let's face it, that country was founded by slave owners who said all men were created equal and presently run by rich bigots.)
I'm now in Canada applying for asylum. But I could use a more masculine body, voice and the likes; or a may not survive the refugee shelter I am presently placed.
So what do you guys think about the use of drugs for this purpose?

Malachiseyi 4 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i think that's a bad idea. i think you should be who you are, but if you absolutely have to hide your identity -- hopefully temporarily -- why in the WORLD would drugs even be on your mind? that's ridiculous.

g

Can you just assume a more macho persona? Walk with a more masculine gait, speak with a deeper voice? Mask any effeminate traits through physical control. I know it's unnatural to behave other than what comes naturally but you asked and this seems like the quickest fix and is a drug-free option.

No...don't do it. Drugs can really mess you up - although you didn't say which drugs you were looking at taking (I assume steroids). Other drugs may do more harm, since you might not have the faculties to handle situations that arise. I suggest you just act a little crazy...talk to yourself, yell at imaginary people, bark at your socks...just do odd shit and people will typically leave you alone b/c they don't know what kind of crazy shit you will do next.

Inject Testosterone and watch lots of John Wayne movies:

BD66 Level 8 Nov 1, 2018

How did they know you were Atheist, and how do you know that is the reason you were denied?

Just be yourself

If you are acting, as you typed, stop. If it's you that is showing, accept and embrace it.

It's sad that you can't just be yourself. If you do get into General pupulation, carry a gun on your hip and wear a body cam so that if anyone threatens you you can protect yourself and have evidence of self defense

They aren't going to let him have a gun where he's at. It's not prison, it's a refugee camp but still, it's usually one step removed from prison. I hope that, being in Canada, he's being treated better than he would have here anyway. We are treating refugees horribly right now due to the toddler in the WH.

I'm sorry that you have to worry about that.
We are here for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:103746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.