Agnostic.com

12 2

Will there always be a dominant person in any given relationship?

When all is said and done!

atheist 8 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you want to keep it that way.

There usually is-if there isn't you have the best or worst relationship ever.

Only if you want it to be.

THIS is a great answer! You are a master of conciseness.

Yes and no. It is very possible for two caring and mutually respectful people to agree that they are equals, as a whole. Still, within that, One of the two always has attributes and skills which makes them better at some things within the relationships -- and so does the other. The key is to utilize those strengths for the benefit of both, not for false mastery.

I've seen it numerous ways: two dominants; two passives; a dominant at work and passive at home; dominant at work and home and passive in bed; and so on. Now if you had asked if there is always a dominant person in any successful relationship, I would have said, "I've seen it numerous ways:...". In other words, if there were a cookie-cutter answer, more of us would probably attain it faster. In reality, it depends on the people, the time, the place, the mental health, and more.

not necessarily it depends on how the relationship is defined. and it's only defined by discussion. you can't assume you partner knows how you feel. communicate.

johns Level 4 Dec 25, 2017

Everything in life is give and take, and that goes doubly for relationships. I am one of those fortunate ones who has had a long term relationship where we share our roles more or less evenly. Our relationship is the answer to your question, and that answer is, no. Not always.

In many couples, yes, but not all. My husband and I operated on fairly equal footing. He was expert at some aspects and I was at others. We traded off who was in charge.

Zster Level 8 Dec 25, 2017

Find your soul mate or match and your question will be a mute irrelevant point.

Think that we (sweetie and I) have a partnership. Some things that I am good at, and some that she is good at. But, maybe I am kidding myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10375
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.