Agnostic.com

1 0

ABUSIVE GOP POLICIES

Just thinking again. The GOP policies are very similar to spousal abuse (verbal or physical) only on a larger scale. They want us to believe all the waste in spending is our fault. They think WE have to live on a shoestring while they get fat at the expense of the American taxpayer.

The abuser comes home after a bad day, starts verbally or physically assaulting his/her mate blaming them for all that is wrong in their life. They tell the abuse victim "If it weren't for me you would be nothing." The victim starts to believe it. Then when the abuser is discovered the abused comes to their defense and the cycle begins again.

So goes the tea party. They have been bombarded with the idea that their leaders are not the ones abusing them it is everyone else. It is society in general. If they feel hurt, stepped on or abused it is because some freeloading welfare family did it to them.

The GOP abusers have hijacked the words morality, personal freedoms, liberty, patriotism, right to life, etc. The list goes on. When they talk of personal freedom they mean the right of their corporate supporters and not the average citizen. When they talk of morality they mean for everyone except them. When they talk of entitlements they mean themselves and no one else. They can line their pockets with silver. Let the average America have the same opportunities and it's "big government spending."

Why the general public cannot see this is well beyond my understanding. The GOP gets the public riled up about the $17 trillion dollar debt and they are the ones who created it. I have conservative friends who like to toss that number around as if to say "The liberals/tax and spend democrats did this to us." Even some of the "talking heads on the conservative side spout the same exact rhetoric. Needless to say their propaganda is working. Who suffers? We all do.

I could say more but it would begin to be redundant.

Comments are welcome.

realdancermn 5 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

your comments are correct realdancermn.They blame the rest of the world for the problems they themselves cause.I think in my personal opinion that they are nothing but a bunch of cowards who try to present to the entire world a picture of Democracy an are bluffing when it comes to push an shove.They only shove when they are 100% sure that the other country will not hurt them.their time of being the entire planets bully is fast approaching it tragic end.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.