Agnostic.com

12 1

Out with the old & in with the new. In retrospect, how satisfied are you with the year past?

atheist 8 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's ok... everything was an experience.

It was a big transition year for me. I became healthy again. Saved my house, Started dating again. Made new friends. Extended my family. Politically it blew.

I'm happy to hear all the positive changes! Nothing I love more than a good transition.

I honestly thought we'd all be dead by now, so yay for us!

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 25, 2017

The secret to happiness... low expecations! LOL. Seriously, though, it sometimes helps when it comes to expectations for other people. Personally, I think my own goals should exceed my expectations. That way, even if my target is out of reach, at least I'm making progress and in better control of myself =)

Terribly disappointed. I never thought I would see the day when such a corrupt, egomaniacal, sociopathic idiot would be elected President of the USA. And I also never thought I would see the day when almost the entire Republican Party sold out its integrity, honor, and patriotism to the culture of corruption and greed. And, they continue to spiral downward into the depths of political depravity -- aided by so-called evangelical "Christians."

This year was a wake up call. For all the mess, we must admit it brings clarity to the reality of the world we live in. Here's to understanding and progress in 2018!

Several pros and cons for me.
Cons:

1. Trump
  2. Skin cancer discovered and removed.
  3. Friend given a cancer life expectancy.

Pros:

1. Finances in order.
  2. Daughter’s graduation.
  3. Sons’ success with school.
  4. Ability to travel.

I’m good. 😉

Best year of my life so far.

skado Level 9 Dec 25, 2017

Trump has exceeded all of my expectations....(which is NOT a good thing). I can only hope that Congress turns blue and they will impeach Trump's dumb ass and undo the horrible tax legislation that was just enacted. Our country needs much better leaders in government and I am sorry to say that I'm not holding my breath that it will change anytime soon. I have been unemployed since moving to Alabama and hope that next year will bring better job opportunities.

I trust you will seek out greater opportunities this year than you thought were possible in the past. Things are a mess politically, of course, but I have hope that the natural balance of things will bring about more positive thoughts and critical thinking.

I have to say, 2017 was probably the worst year of my life, and I'm not being hyperbolic about that. I cannot wait until I get to stop writing 2017 on any correspondence legal documents. It's a year that I will black out on every calendar I come across.

I hope 2018 sees a comeback and unprecedented rise in your life! Stay strong.

This has been a year from hell, my french partner left over brexit and took our son. Health took a hit due to the stress on an already unhealthy frame. Trying to hold it together today as they have been here for few days and return to france tomorrow and I will be climbing into a large bottle of vodka. No idea where I go from here. Bah humbug

I care where you go from here. Do take the time to mourn any losses, but I hope you can mend any broken relationships into something healthy and form newer and more positive ones this year!

@forgo Thanks. Tranquillisers got me through the worst and xmas was the worst. But now I am picking up the pieces and making plans. I never plan small, so this captain looking for a crew to launch a French adventure.. PIRATE. 😉

Personally ? Not too bad.

Globally ? Not looking so great ...

Nationally ? An absolute disaster.

Perfectly said.

With Trump in charge, this has been one of, if not and probably the most depressing years of my adult life. What is sad, is that we probably have at least one more year of this ye to come.

Satisfied with what? The politics are scary and depressing and will probably get worse. But sometimes one has to hit bottom before one wakes up. This often happens with drug addicts and religion, power, greed and control are all addictive drugs.

I sent out an item about how the blue states were thriving while the red states are going downhill. It will get worse for the red areas and, for some, perhaps the best way to vote is with one's feet.

For me personally, things are great, health-wise, community-wise and the natural environment is inspiring. I have always been an activist and all the crap going on presents many more avenues for activism. Sometimes one has to be willing to make big sacrifices to feel truly alive!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.