Agnostic.com

9 0

Would your younger self claim the person you are now?

I remember the person I used to be when I was younger. He is so incredibly different from who I am now. Funny, but he would probably call me a sell-out or something similar. And I like who I am now.

towkneed 7 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would not know me.

EdEarl Level 8 June 12, 2018

Yes, I am now stronger than I have have ever been in my life. My priorities are set. I have goals that I can attain. My children are grown and they both have good lives. I think I raised them well (I raised them alone). I am 66 now and feel I am entering some of the best years of my life.

That's awesome. My younger self would have issues with who I am now just because I am successful and settled down. I was very rebellious and thought that the only acceptable things for me to be were a rock star, a revolutionary, or a subversive college professor. Seems so funny to me now.

Most likely not. I was really into religion as a young teenager, going to youth camps every year and church twice a week. I took religion a lot more seriously than my friends, and never could have imagined I would stop believing.

I think he'd be most disappointed that my hair started thinning. He'd probably be sad that I'm single, but he wouldn't be surprised. He'd probably have questions about the atheist thing, but I've been questioning religion and dedicated to exploring knowledge and searching for truth my whole life

I don't know exactly what you mean by claim, but I know I would have loved to have a glimpse so I could tweek a few things here and there. I would also know that I can't have it both ways, or all ways. Some of my virtues cost some of my spirit. I know now there are some ridiculous expectations put on people. I would like to correct some things, however... my core being, my most inner self is an awesome person. I didn't know much in my youth and I know too much in my older self.

Yes, l believe so.

I like to think that my younger (and presumably less wise) self wouldn't quite recognize me, but would be impressed or at least encouraged.

Hmmm...my younger self would definitely like that I pretty much have the same values and beliefs, and be impressed that I survived taking risks and jumping in with both feet...no regrets...she would not like that I donuts now...

I had a difficult family who had mental health problems but the wider family didnt want that to be known so my parents never really go t any help my older brother was eight years older and got himself off out all the time and to cap it all I went to a free school for five years and did absolutely no maths so had a hard time when I moved ot the next school up so I probably wouldnt hav e started from there if it could be helped.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.