Agnostic.com

9 3

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? Agree or disagree?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is obvious to see that it is not going to be true on all occasions.

RobH86 Level 7 June 22, 2018

Not always the case some leave you disabled.

Marine Level 8 June 13, 2018

Sounds good in a song doesnt it? Time seems to heal pain. The most famous words i heard is its going to get better and when one door closes another one opens.

Or what about...what doesn't kill you make you fat !!!! ????

Sure as long as you come out of whatever experience half way healthy, ya can't fight back a whole lot if your comatose or so sick your bed ridden all the time

I've always preferred the variant: what doesn't kill me makes me stranger.

I don't think so, it just gives us a shity disposition.

An oversimplified and therefore unacceptable idea is posited in the statement. I suspect that what is meant is that facing adversity with courage intelligence, and determination will often---although not always---result in some "character building," about which I'm also not so sure. I am unsure because I don't propose to know what character is or how to build it.

Did Nietzsche say this before or after his two strokes that paralyzed him?

I don't know about stronger, I'd go with meaner. LOL

Lol yes!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.