Agnostic.com

54 8

Do you like being outside?

DianeFitzRobin 4 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a mosquito magnet, so being outside is typically not an enjoyable experience for me

GwenC Level 7 June 13, 2018

oh, how painful GwenC

ahhh, the outdoors!

If the sun isn't too bright and it's not too hot or too cold

that sun is so powerful

Yes

EdEarl Level 8 June 13, 2018

Yes from me too EdEarl

I'm about to go camping for a week.....outside in the Forrest is my favorite place to be. I think there's something that the quiet of nature gives you that can't be attained in any other way.

pretty much your best source of natural silence

I like the outside but it doesn't like me. I sunburn way too easily. ?

I hope one day parasols will be fashionable/available again

@DianeFitzRobin I have a couple. The problem I have with them is people don't look where they're going and they run into them. One was already damaged and I got yelled at for 'taking up so much space.' ?

@memorylikeasieve oh that's great you have parasols. To those people who complain, I'd ignore them. Or get sarcastic, "wow. just wow. you'd allow an umbrella, but not a parasol? same real estate bud."

Yes. Unless there are mosquitoes. They consider me delicious.

Deb57 Level 8 June 13, 2018

there's this all natural bug spray I make from googling the recipe-they land on me but don't bite

Yeah. Like a few of the others I’m also a pale mosquito magnet that spends most of my time indoors but I’m making it a point to carefully get a tan this summer, and the vitamin D feels fantastic. Mostly love being outside in the fall on a nice cool night, with a bonfire or in the dark star gazing.

cool nights by the bonfire and a musical instrument or two....

There are times I think of putting on my backpack and disappearing. Does that count?

most definitely counts-to hike cross country wilderness trails-what a feat that would be!

I prefer it.

so many scents in the fresh breezes, so many interesting ecosystems

I prefer it.

If it's comfortable weather, and biting insects are at a minimum, I quite enjoy the outdoors. I especially like the woods.

I miss the woods, trees here can be spindly-evergreens are plentiful thankfully

I love being outdoors & being in nature.

so healthful

It's the best.... except it gets so hot here and the humidity is brutal. I can tough it out if I have a change of clothes ready.

MatRA Level 4 June 14, 2018

way to be prepared, I like that idea

As a rule, yes. I like to walk through my neighborhood on a regular basis and see what's happening, as long as it isn't raining or snowing too hard. Plus the cardio is good for me, right?

So good for us to be outside, yes

Why..do you know something I don't?? ???

Jokes aside..I like indoors and outdoors...depends on mood..weather etc

@Hitchens that's fair

I must have been a happy dog in a previous life, so yeah.....

Ahhh, happy dogs outside, nice image

Yes, and so does my dog. I also like being an outsider ?

Yes, I like being an outsider too. Ha!

Of what?

Coldo Level 8 June 14, 2018

I love your wit.

of inside; cool Deb57 loves your wit^?

@DianeFitzRobin Inside of what?

@Coldo not outdoors?

succinct answer!

Any day spent outdoors in nature or natural surroundings is preferable to being stuck indoors or around people....it's why I garden and why I hike and travel.

any day is a good day outdoors, I agree

I hate being indoors. I used to work in IT and hated being trapped inside. Now I'm a farmer and love every minute of being outside with my animals.

Jon791 Level 4 June 14, 2018

good career move Jon791

I hate heat, so no, not right now.

Hermit Level 7 June 14, 2018

heat will not last forever, thank goodness

@DianeFitzRobin It lasts a while around here.

@Hermit ooooo, pace yourself-that's a challenging environment

Yes unless it’s too hot or cold, too dry or humid, raining or snowing, too windy or not enough wind, too many bugs....on second thought, no, I don’t like being outside

reads like you know yourself

In the fall, when all the bugs have gone back to hell where they belong, and temps are no longer competing with my oven to see who can bake me the fastest- sure, I love being outside.

DerekD Level 7 June 14, 2018

such a perfect time of year-I don't believe there's a hell, btw

@DianeFitzRobin it’s just a figure of speech, my friend. If there is a hell, I’d say that it would be WalMart on Black Friday

@DerekD I say Oh my God.....and at regular 12 step meetings I'll read verbatim but all my fellow members know I have a higher power, not a God.
We never used to have Black Friday in Canada but I've seen news reports on how crazy it gets-surely, hellish

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.