Agnostic.com

72 3

Do you believe in ex lovers getting back together ?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it can happen. I wish it would in my case.

I suppose it would depend upon why they parted. It's never happened that way for me. Baggage causes drama, and I hate drama.

Deb57 Level 8 June 25, 2018

If both of you feel like it was wrong to separate or if you miss each other, then by all meas, but if you are only returning to each other because of familiarity, do not. Familiarity brings the problems back, while actually missing them can help you realize where you were wrong and try to fix the flaws you previously had.

Yes! If there were a way to rate this answer 5 stars I would.

I told my brother not to do this with his separated wife, based on my experience that it never works out. He ignored my advice and I’m glad because they went on to have 30+ happy years.

Only if they want to. Sometimes it might work. It will never work if either of them keeps on mentioning or asking about relationships they had while apart. To be together again they each might have to drop a few friends.

Ignorant people still want to ask me about my breakup with my ex. I start to cry and say everything was OK until she ran off with that circus clown. LOL 🙂

Currently wishing it could be, but not betting the farm on it...

lcmdws Level 4 June 17, 2018

Possibly. Imagine you had a chance meeting with your boyfriend/girlfriend from when you were 18, 25 years or more since you last saw one another... you'd both have changed a lot since then, but maybe you both still have those characteristics that made you attracted to each other. Who knows - it might work out.

Jnei Level 8 June 17, 2018

Strictly as lovers or in a relationship?

Whats to 'believe in'? There can be countless reasons why or why not folks should be together, whether they have done it before or not. We can't know what is happening/has happened in a pair of lives that would bring them to such a decision, though we can hope that it isn't a fear response; 'better the devil you know than the one you don't' as it were. Wish them well, move on...

StJohn Level 6 June 16, 2018

I don't not believe, if that makes sense, but it never worked out for me. That's probably more to do with me being a twat and lead by my dick than any rational thought process though 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 16, 2018

No. I married my husband twice. Shouldve killed him the first time.?

😀 lol!

It would depend on the lover and the reason they were exed.

Depends upon the strength of the initial relationship and the causes that led to its breakdown. Statistically I suspect such reunions are rare.

As long as it's not me and one of mine...no problem.

?❤?

Not for me
...but people sometimes do not know what they are missing out on until they experience more

Generally there is a reason an ex is an ex. However, I have seen some cases where reunited exes made it work. Could be that immaturity got in the way the first time around.

No, no, no!

I think both parties should probably examine the reasons why they broke up on the first place before getting back together. The rose colored glasses of time might be putting you right back into an unhappy situation

GwenC Level 7 June 14, 2018

I think people break up for a reason. Perhaps time lets us discover that reason then was less than perfect. So my answer is that it depends on the two people. Maybe it wasn't the right time the first time around. So yes, if two people find their back to each other, it is worth a second chance.

Well hell... you said lovers. That means romance. whats wrong being friends with benefits? People make mistakes and you can learn from them. I say if it brings what you need back onto your life then go for it...

'Believe'?

Why visit the past and expect a different future?

For myself, no.
Everyone else can decide for themselves.

Exes are exes for a reason! I never once took one back, regardless of how much they begged. It's like wiping your butt before you poo!

Purely subjective. Never worked for me. YMMV

zeuser Level 9 June 14, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.