Agnostic.com

72 3

Do you believe in ex lovers getting back together ?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments (51 - 72)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen it work for others, but I've not experienced any luck there.

Would be very hard to trust them if they walked away and just gave up who's to say they won't do it again.

azzow2 Level 9 June 13, 2018

No, but that's me.. I guess that would depend how desperate you feel..

Buddha Level 8 June 13, 2018

No! Remember there was a reason for splitting up!
Once it’s done, friends is a possible scenario, but I would never get back with an ex!

Livia Level 6 June 13, 2018

In general I would say, no, their ex-lovers for a reason.

Sure, after a little while apart you forget the things that drove you apart -- until they all appear again,, Not generally a good idea, in my opinion.

I suppose it could work, never has for me.

So, you're thinking a couple of your ex-lovers are getting back together?

JacarC Level 8 June 13, 2018

Why not? Some of the most lasting marriages that I’ve seen are the same ones that repeatedly broke up and reformed. Of course, there’s the added value of drama.

Believe? It doesn't work for me. I just decided that life is too short to make the same mistakes over and over while there are so many I haven't made yet.

JimG Level 8 June 13, 2018

Why not ? As long as they got along.
Not every situation is the same.

I think if you break up once, there is no need to get back together. Because, really why break-up in the first place.

MoniB Level 6 June 13, 2018

Do people really change? Somehow I doubt it, we evolve but our core personality is there by the time we reach early adulthood most of what we are is fixed. So whatever didn't work before still won't work if we give it a second chance. Sometimes we just want the familiar even though we know it isn't good for us.

It's never worked for me. You leave me, I move on. If it works for others, I wish them the best of luck. If you leave me once, it will happen again.

I have done it. All the old issues are still there. If it crashed and burned once, it will do the sam
e--only worse! the next time.

None of that for me. They had their shot.

So it was always someone else’s fault?

@ezwryder The question pertains to lovers. In this case, yes. If it were just girlfriends, that's a different question with a different answer.

It happens. I have seen it. It is probably rare.

Sure.

Most of the time its a bad idea! Those are my feelings on it, usually there is a reason why it didn't work the first time

Yes I do!

Hutch Level 7 June 13, 2018

Why not ! Anyone can make a mistake. And maybe the sex was great but the rest not. Your life, your choice.

Yes, we all have the capacity for growth.

Etre Level 7 June 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.