Agnostic.com

15 2

New here and curious about the breakdown

Having just joined, I'm going to just ask a couple of quick questions. First, the number of groups I've seen here for specifically "conservatives" or "Republicans," but not for specifically "liberals" or "Democrats" makes me wonder if it's just random that those popped up, or if this site is predominantly populated by right leaning folks. Second, would y'all consider this site heavily politically oriented, or mostly not about politics?

Compass 5 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have some very liberal groups or anti Trump groups. I don't pay much attention to things that don't matter to me (limited time) but I see lots of political posts that are mostly liberal. Then again, that is what I am looking for. I'm told not everyone appreciates me, which is OK. We have opinions to offer on things beside politics, but politics is on the minds of many these days.

I cannot clearly divide liberals and conservatives on subject matters here. But, I would be surprised if there were lots of conservatives here! I have never found them to be this ‘open minded.’ I am political to a point, but I am interested many other things, as well! Just cannot tolerate trump on any level!

The site seems to mostly lean left, with the right-leaning groups being safe spaces for them.

Personally, I'm an independent and I refuse to align myself with either dominant political party for various reasons. Overall, I pay attention to politics as much as I can stomach and favor the candidates that seem like they'll work for a society that actually functions, instead of just trying to increase wealth inequality and make a buck for themselves

I don't know. But I am a hairy weirdo if that amounts to anything...

I'm a Social Democrat so I see both Liberals and Conservatives as dirty rightwingers. The latter more so than the former of course.
The reason you don't see Democrat exclusive groups on here is the same reason you don't see Asian exclusive dating sites in China.

Agnostics tend to be more liberal, generally speaking.

Politics are discussed but not to any great degree and it is mostly about religion. Many different topics are discussed.

I wanted to extend to you a welcome sign here...i think it is well worth your time! And, nobody is held against their will, if it all goes ‘south!’

Mostly not about politics, but leaning towards politics. That answer your question ?

The "conservatives" feel that they need a special place where they can exclude others who are not. Liberals or progressives are inclusive by nature & definition. WE seek to embrace diversity of opinion. The site has many political discussions but it is hardly dominated by politics.

I am liberal and new here, as well. I am hoping to use this site as a place to escape from all of that and find some momentary diversions.

LB67 Level 7 June 14, 2018

Well, I gotta say that most of the comments so far back up a possibility that bounced around my head when I asked the question: that the conservative groups existed as a way for the outliers to find one another. I don't live my life based on politics, though as I get older I realize that keeping track of what's going on around me works more to my advantage than remaining ignorant.

I'm pretty new, too, but my feeling is that the overall group is left-leaning and that the right-leaners have their own group because they are in the minority. I also feel a civil tolerance across the board so far.

There are a few left-leaning groups here. The conservative ones probably show up more because they are active groups with new posts every day. I know...because I host two conservative groups on here. I wouldn't say this site is political, but there are quite a few members here who mostly talk about politics.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.