Agnostic.com

27 23

Well I blocked my first "Jesus freak" on here, I tolerate that stuff on social media because there are people of all disciplines, religions or whatever but not here, this should be a "safe space"

Funeralgirl 7 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I blocked a person trying to bully me into meeting him offsite to be able to discuss personal and intimate subjects. I found he had tried it on at least one other member and reported him and blocked him. So ladies beware--you'll notice that while he claims to be American, the wording is not in some places. Beware.

I had a guy wanting to "chat privately as THIS place was not "safe" haha. I just ghosted him, hes probably seeing this now, #blocktime

@Funeralgirl same guy! Pediatrician, right?

@Funeralgirl if i didnt think i would be exiled or break some rule, i would post a screenshot of the messages.

@EllenDale RIGHT!!!! Haha... sent you a PM

@EllenDale he is in SYRIA no less, and bored to death, looking for something or someone to help with his boredom, poor bastard hahaha....

@Funeralgirl Aw, hell with worrying. Let's expose him! Attached...

@ogtirof lol. I'm sarcastic enough to tell him it's $1000 for a pic of my face and the price just goes up. Money on the table. But decided I didn't even want to bother.

@ogtirof Could have used the money, though 😉

Someone trying to pressure you to meet them, or, for that matter, to pressure you about anything should definitely be reported right away. "Gee-Zeus freaks" are one thing, harassers another kettle of fish entirely! Not cool at all!!!

I am not sure why a religious person would sign up to be on here. It makes no sense.

Right, I know!!

Makes NO sense!

@ogtirof Syolp?

Was he from Toronto or Hamilton? May have run into one too.

Officialdennis

same guy-wants long distance relationship? doesn't have skype, has friend who metsomeone on this site-we should compare notes.

@sassygirl3869 I didnt get into a convo with the guy, he was too weird. I just told him I'm not interested in having a convo with him, and that I'm an atheist. Then blocked him

I blocked an impudent man 2 days ago.

Officialdennis ??

No. Mansour.

@Sarahroo29 thanks for the heads up.

He harassed me in this site's messenger X-mas eve. He wrote me first.

it's not just religitards as there are one or two other people who piss me of in here.

we can if we want

Religitards huh? Seems rather fitting and not so petty...

I personally have no problem with religious people, as long as they are respectful. I enjoy hearing about other people's beliefs as long as they don't start insulting or trying to claim their way is the only way.

No it was weirder than that...

I don't doubt that. I wasn't really commenting on your experience as much as to the idea that all religious people should be run off.

Well I reckon that by interacting with these "jesus freaks" you are just playing into their hands. Playing THEIR game. That is what they are after... surely that is obvious. I would MUCH prefer to piss them off entirely by....ignoring them.

NZVee Level 4 Dec 26, 2017

I didnt engage, i blocked him immediately.

Lucky you. I think we would all like to vent in a non-violent way.

The FFRF newsletter has a "crank mail" section. You should read how the religionists feel about us and their 'high brow' (sic) way of venting.

whats the FFRF?

@Funeralgirl Thank you for asking. Freedom From Religion Foundation. Here is their website. They are the main force for fighting for our secular society. See my link to this group.
[ffrf.org]

Should be water off a ducks back....good thing is being able to recognise when you are wasting your time debating.

I would never waste my time. Its their issue, not mine.

It sucks you had to do that...So far I haven't needed to. 😟

Good for you !!!!

Do whatever you need to do to be happy and comfortable in this place. I do accept "Beating Request" on Holiday Mondays.

You're right this should be a safe place. They are allowed to join as long as they don't preach. Unfortunately, some just can't shut up. I'm glad they put the blocking feature in.

SamL Level 7 Dec 26, 2017

Report him to the admin.

I agree. Any "Jesus freak" on this site is showing profound disrespect for us and for our right to believe as we do without harassment or proselytizing!! To any such person: Leave us in peace, you jerk!

send him my way, maybe I can talk him into becoming agnostic and I'm real lucky convince him to be an atheist LOL

dc65 Level 7 Dec 26, 2017

It is really easy to just "IGNORE" someone you don't want to interact with. try it. It really makes the ignorer feel satisfied. Even better than blocking.

NZVee Level 4 Dec 26, 2017

#nosafespace

I’m sorry you had to do that.

Wow... i would never known this you hadn't of told me what you did... i havent seen any of them yet.

There are Jesus Freaks on here? I suspect that a better word would be "Trolls." Why is it that those who wear the name of Jesus are so much like the very people Jesus hated when he was here.

The good thing is we all seem to look out for one another here. So awesome, just LOVE that about our group.

I agree... Jesus Freaks and Super Christians have the entire f ing world to push their materialism everywhere. I need a safe space to breathe and talk about their bs.

I don't believe in safe spaces.

Sorry you had to do that. Agree with @Benthoven on here a jesus freak is a troll plain and simple. Haven't come across this at all. Seems like they may just be targeting women. Just what we need...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.