Are you pro

With Abortion?

• 25 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
TheKazekage 3 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always thought it would be interesting if males received vasectomies from an early age and it wouldn’t get reversed until age 18 (21?) to prevent teenage pregnancy and abortions. Thoughts?

corey6 Level 4 June 18, 2018

I'm pro contraception. If you're a guy, don't be an idiot. Take the goddamn responsibility to wear a condom so the choice of whether or not to have an abortion is something you never have to force a woman in to making.

I would encourage anyone experiencing an unwanted pregnancy or severe birth defects to get an abortion. But, only if they asked.

Sure am pro abortion. And I always think it must be a woman’s choice. Her body, her decision.

Livia Level 6 June 16, 2018

I am a man so, I do not feel qualified to pass judgement on a women's issue. I do feel however that a person's body is their own and the state has no business trying to control it.

Great answer

I support reproductive rights for everyone, and the choices they make for themselves.

What a woman does is her business, and her business only. I mind my own business.

Awesome posts from men here.

I'm sure others will have said this but I'm not 'pro-abortion' I'm 'pro-choice' . It is beyond arrogant to tell any woman that she HAS to carry a pregnancy to full-term; especially for any man to say that. Words matter and the words in this post were chosen poorly.

None of these answers fit my situation.. I believe that we should be doing what we can to minimize or eliminate circumstances that make abortion appear to be the best alternative. But what we really should do is make safe, medical abortions available on demand to women who feel that is what they need to do. I don't know anyone who is 'pro' abortion -- we're pro choice.

My bad?
sorry I'm not an english speaker and I forgot to put that word as option.

I am pro "its my choice & as a competent human being with a uterus, no one has a right to interfere in my medical care, Including reproductive healthcare." If there had not been interference in my reproductive healthcare due to non-disclosure rules because of medical group religious affiliation, I may not have had 4 miscarriages & 20 years of gynocological nightmares before having a hysterectomy with an entirely different medical group. (Yeah, I'm bitter.)

Abortion should not be regulated by Gov't. This is a decision made by the man and woman with perhaps advice from family and doctor.

Not the preferred method of contraception by any means but nobody should be forced to carry a fetus to term against their will.

Kimba Level 7 June 15, 2018

Every case is different and the women should decide what is best for her, nobody else.

I don't think there are too many, if any, that are actually pro abortion. But there are plenty of women - and I am among them, who think that each individual woman should have the right to make decisions about her own body - without governmental, or religious interference.

If someone doesn't believe in abortion - they needn't have one !

Pro choice, but not pro abortion. It's not my business unless I am one of the parents. Abortion is killing a fetus, which IMO should only be done as a last resort.

EdEarl Level 8 June 15, 2018

I respect and agree with your view. I think abortion is a horrible tragic thing for all involved but the right to abortion should be preserved. I also think suicide is awful but am all for medically assisted suicide. Freedom to me means the freedom to make your own choices concerning your body.

For me it depends on the timing. First trimester is fine, much into the second and you're messing with a viable living person and should only be allowed to save the mother.. l am very much against using abortion as birth control, but if you know you don't want a baby, get it done early. lt really is that simple. Yes, l know most of you disagree with me, and that's fine.. You can keep your snarky little comments to yourself.

Then I think we're contrast?
For me the thinking of "breaking an egg is evil" was a product of Religion.

@AlmightyPush I'm not following you. Are you suggesting ''breaking an egg'' is a metaphor for having an abortion?

Right to choose. I chose at 42 to have a healthy babygirl. Twelve years earlier I had a 2.5 oz. babygirl who had cerebral palsy. Life is strange. It was my decision.

It's the woman's body and her life. She gets the final say.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.