Agnostic.com

24 2

Favorite Song

Can you actually pinpoint a favorite song? What about your very first favorite? Is it still a fave?

Melany 5 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The first 45 I remember owning was Mickey by Toni Basil. Still like that song.

Dance The Night Away by Van Halen.

One of my first was Jump....

Probably my first favourite and non-christian song would have been 'unchained melody,' the first time around.

StJohn Level 6 June 16, 2018

Wish You Were Here. Pink Floyd

Coldo Level 8 June 16, 2018

The first song I really remember liking a lot was "Chantilly Lace" by the Big Bopper. I was 5 and had an Aunt that was 16. If she had to babysit she got the car and we would go drag main. I still like that song and a lot of others from that era.

I couldn't really say what my favorite song is now. But this was my favorite for a number of years

This is "way up there" on the list of favorites, too, if I had an actual list

@ghost_warlock lists are impossible with me and music, my playlist is bipolar lol

@Melany Yep, my playlists will jump from Fleetwood Mac to Slipknot to 90's video game music, to some random song from the 190s lol

@ghost_warlock toss in some Disney music for good measure and we are pretty even

One of my first favorites was this one. It's a long story. I still like the song, but the girl I associated with it is long gone.

JimG Level 8 June 15, 2018

Excellent song, usually has a long story associated with those who feel it...

When I heard Ms. Fat Booty by Mos Def for the first time is the exact moment I fell in love with Hip Hop. That beat, the story telling skills of Mos Def just painted a picture for me you wouldn’t believe.

Storytelling in hip hop seems to be a lost art...at least in the mainstream I hear thru my son. I was a fan in the 90's and 00's but the past decade is lacking...

This is a fave for me atm, well anything by Cage really lol

Melany Level 5 June 15, 2018
JILost Level 5 June 16, 2018

1st favorite song: Colour My World, by Chicago
2nd favorite song: Harvest Moon, by Neil Young

Those songs captured my state of mind at various times in my life, longing for something. I still like them, but they don't really capture my current state of mind. Maybe because I'm just content with my life.

Am a huge fan of Harvest Moon but I think I was largely burned out on Chicago from my high school days. While immensely talented, they had the heavy production values that drove me towards the New Wave/punk sound of the late 70s/early 80s.

First ever was Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by Burt Bacharach. Yes, it's still a favorite. Current favorite (today at least) is K., by Cigarettes After Sex. Ask me tomorrow and it will be different.

I'm lousy at favorites, but Billy Joel's The Longest Time is definitely up there. Hello by Lionel Richie was a first-ish favorite.

Fun question, but probably impossible. I go through episodes. But I can come up with favorites of my favorite artists. Ultimately for me they HAVE TO have a great message in the lyrics. Here are a few:
Sting: "Fragile"
Cyndi Lauper: "True Colors"
The Beatles: "In My Life"(go-to song in the shower)
Elton John: "Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word"
Billy Joel: "Just the Way You Are"
Train: "Drive By"
Fleetwood Mac: "The Chain"
Prince: "When Doves Cry"
Sade: "Is It A Crime?"
Rush: "Free Will"
Don Henley: "Little Tin God"
Tina Turner/Al Green: "Let's Stay Together"
P!nk: "Sober"

I agree completely, my playlist is bipolar but lyrical content is number one...

I've always gravitated toward "feely" songs, even as a kid. Two that I remember being struck by as a youngster were Glen Campbell's 'Wichita Lineman', and Bobbie Gentry's 'Ode to Billy Joe'.

Although I wouldn't describe them as favorites, I have them both in my iTunes collection, still listen to them, and still like them.

As far as current stuff, I'm currently binging on Kina Grannis's 'In Your Arms'.

I think 'favorite' probably depends on the day, and I probably have too many to actually ever hope to rate them.

"Ode to Joy", the last movement of Beethoven's ninth symphony is my favorite, but, in a more popular vein, "Where've You Been" by Kathy Mattea.

tioteo Level 8 June 15, 2018

Also "Blackness" by Rasaan Roland Kirk

t1nick Level 8 June 15, 2018

I know it's not necessarily a romantic kind of song, but BOLIVIA, by Gato Barbieri. That sqealing sax and latin beat does something for me.

t1nick Level 8 June 15, 2018

Current favorite is "Oh Darling"-The Beatles George Harrison.. Need to think about the others.

So many! Although, I still get super hyped when Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger comes on. Or I Miss You by Blink 182. Or I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance. But, you can't forget about Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. So many.

My favourite song changes every few seconds. However, possibly the most influential for me (because the first time I heard it I thought "Shit! That's what I've been waiting for!" is...

Jnei Level 8 June 16, 2018

Sigh!

Fabulous Thunderbs Tough enough

azzow2 Level 9 June 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.