Agnostic.com

7 0

First steps

Hey people!

What religious ideas made you reject the one to be a religious person?

timeflies 3 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The notion that religious faith accurately explains or predicts actual life outcomes. Rather, religious faith -- or at least the religious faith I was suckled on -- is hardly even as right as a stopped clock.

All of them.

Crap ideas.

The idea that people who never heard the word of "god" would still go to hell as professed by the Southern Baptists of SW Texas.

I never liked the religious idea that independent thinking was an affront to God and the traditional beliefs that an organisation held sacred. I was in the Jehovah's Witnesses and they believed that unity in doctrine was more important than actual truth. The leaders did all the thinking for us, believing that they came to their conclusions by inspiration.

Hi, Timeflies, and welcome to the website,

The hate and racism I saw in the Christian alt-right during the 2016 was the last straw, and I dumped Christianity for good.

By the way, you earn website points, and help other members get to know you better, when you upload a clear photo of just you, write an informational profile that includes your hobbies and interests, and answer all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

Also, the website uses your profile to find member matches, so the more details you include, the better the match.

Then you make comments and write your own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two you can private email people. You get different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

To find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

Have fun!

Too many to list here. The more I learn, the more atheist and anti-theist I become. So much so, I sometimes worry about confirmation bias.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.