Agnostic.com

31 6

So...What are you doing for Father's Day today?

Are you enjoying today? Because you deserve it! Happy Father's Day to all the selfless Dads out there who sacrifice to keep their kids healthy and happy! I hope you have fun!

SukiSue 8 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Golf..........

Father's Day is usually hard for me, being that my father passed away many years ago at age 63 from a sudden heart attack. I'm not a father (yet), so I try to just muddle through this day.

So sorry! That is hard. I hope you do get to be a father some day.

@SukiSue I hope so too.

Sitting here on the back-burner. My daughter will probably or text later, as an afterthought. Just another Hallmark holiday.

Give me her number right now and I will call her up to tell her to call you!!! lol...

@SukiSue She finally called. Said she was on her way to work.

@david75090, well I hope she at least made you smile! 🙂

@SukiSue I smiled. But it was just gas. 😉

Ha!

I have no kids, my father passed in 1980, so l will smoke a little weed and watch the U.S.Open. ☺

Still fun!

@SukiSue Yes, thank you, no complaints. I hope you are having a nice day also. ☺

Thanks ... So far so good. My daughter brought the little guy this morning, then watched the World Cup too, watched a very pleasant surprise I have been waiting for more than 40 years !!!... So, yeah ... So far so good

Wonderful!

Not what I wanted to. See my post😟

I tried looking at your post but a messaged saying "This post is not available" popped up. Anyway, sorry you couldn't do what you wanted to on Father's Day

Bummer!

@joeymf86 My Father's Day kind of sucked. Even though I have awesome kids.

I am at a friends apartment last night, time to leave. I go downstairs and turn to walk toward home. Nothing unusual, feel fine.

All of a sudden, my right quadriceps feels like it explodes. I drop like I've been shot, searing pain. I avoid hitting my head on a concrete planter, though I badly bruise my right knee and foot. I am able after a couple of painful tries to get up, and one-leg up three flights of stairs to my buddies place. The pain isn't bad unless I bend my right leg in certain ways and importantly, I can now bear weight on it if I keep it straight. I spend the night there.

To the hospital today. Xray, knee boot, crutches. MRI tomorrow, plus consult with the orthopedic department.

The ER doc advises I have a quadriceps tendon tear. The surgery, as surgeries go, doesn't sound too bad with likely one night before being discharged. Then some amount of physical therapy.

Ouch.......

@Mitch07102 Oh wow! That sucks. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.