Agnostic.com

6 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you ever heard of the ""Florez Settlement Agreement""-?

@Stacey48 Its from yrs & yrs ago,not a new Trump thing.

@Stacey48 No,I am not wrong and I have no agenda here. Im stating FACTS. Stop watching cnn and msnbc. Listen to OUR PRESIDENT-!!! ?❤ He signed an executive order yesterday to keep the kids with whatever they crossed the border with,sex trafficker,stranger,whatever...a lot of the kids are stating that they don't know anything about the person they arrived with. Obviously you have too much free time. I hope that you spend it reading facts and not harassing everyone who posts an opinion that you don't like. I have to go to work.

You should consult with the DHS Sec.Kirstjen Nielson who said that the vast,vast majority which is over 10,000 of the 12,000 illegal immigrant children being cared for,were sent here by their own parents alone with human trafficking smugglers. Obama built them a huge luxury detention center in S.Tx. Theyre taking hot showers,watching t.v.,videos,medical care,education and living at much higher standards than the 13,000,000 American children living in poverty. Bush and Obama did the same. Florez Settlement Agreement.

The thing that I find disturbing is that this kind of thing is done right here in the USA. The rich are getting richer and the poor are becoming completely destitute, homeless and discriminated. These people are not any different than the lowest of the lowest in the US, treated with complete contempt. I live in Canada where the situation is vastly different but the leaders are trying to close the gap with the US. These immigrants are trying to find a life, not even a better life where life is worthless in Mexico and other 2nd and 3rd world countries. We all need to wake up and not so much despise these poor souls but realize that we are only one step away from their plight. To realize the the foreign policy of Canada, the USA and most of the western world are the ones responsible for stealing all the wealth that leaves us and them bankrupt.

@Stacey48 Blaming the poor for being poor.

I actually believed our country had moved beyond this kind of heinousness. What I truly hope now is that 8 November, 2016 was the last gasp of the peckerhead patriarchy.

Heartbreaking pictures. This sucks.

MS St. Louis was a German ocean liner. In 1939, she set off on a voyage in which her captain, Gustav Schröder, tried to find homes for over 900 Jewish refugees from Germany. Due to countries' immigration policies based on domestic political realities, rather than humanitarian grounds, they were denied entry to Cuba, the United States, and Canada. The refugees were finally accepted in various European countries, including Belgium, the Netherlands, the UK, and France. Historians have estimated that approximately a quarter of them died in death camps during World War II.[2] The event was the subject of a 1974 book, Voyage of the Damned, by Gordon Thomas and Max Morgan-Witts. It was adapted for a 1976 U.S. film of the same title and a 1994 opera titled St. Louis Blues by Chiel Meijering.

Are we repeating history with our treatment of immigrants????​

About 25 years ago I saw a documentary about the St Louis. They showed newsreel footage of the people on the decks of the ship as it was turned away from America. It was heart breaking. Now we see children crying as our border police take children away from their parents. @Stacey48

@nicknotes thats been happening for yrs.The pic of the child in tbe cage was from the obama admin.

Where did you get this information? The press is reporting this is recent. @J-MaisOui

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.