Agnostic.com

30 4

How important is romance in a relationship?

If you are analytical and know that love is primarily chemistry—although it also is a promise and a commitment—how do you manage to maintain romance?

Lilie 6 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Romance is defined by the couple. Who and what they are, how they are with each other, there are so many variable that goes along with it. Some couples base their entire relationship around it and others could care less.

We thought we didn’t care and sometimes I wonder if that’s what killed the relationship.

This is just my opinion but I feel a bit of romance on special occasions or when the mood strikes, keeps the flames burning on both ends. I do think its important but not to a point where its expected and demanded.

When people separate or divorce they usually consult a lawyer, a priest and or a doctor, if not all three but they never do this before they get married. People often enter a relationship with unstated expectations (some of which may be fanciful or unrealistic) and with the passage time their expectations emerge and the friction begins and all notion of romantic love has faded like awakening from a dream......Tis sad but need not be so

doing things simply for the benefit of your partner

Effection...Respect...listening...being responsible

Probably more important in seduction than in a relationship. Many relationships thrive with no romance whatsoever so it is more icing than cake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.