Agnostic.com

7 0

In what way if any do your use the Copernican principle in your life?

engineer_in_nj 6 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every once in a while I test it by standing still when changing a light bulb. When the socket doesn't screw itself onto the bulb, I've once again proven that the earth doesn't revolve around me.

Duke Level 8 Dec 27, 2017

I am not the center of the universe.The world and the universe do not revolve around me. I am not the center of attention.

how would anyone use this in their life?

Copernican principle? What's that?

In a hundred years, it will mean nothing. We will mean nothing.

Pass the butter.

Assuming you mean more than just heliocentricity or even general astronomy? I mostly ignore it, as my world, my perspective is centered around me, I am the centre of its influence, my influence does not spread very far and is non existent are areas even slightly removed from me, and the more distant other things, mostly, the less they influence my activities. I tend to do things in a small way, I do what I believe is right for me to do but concentrate locally.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRP.... whats that? The principle that everything revolves around me?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11036
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.