Agnostic.com

28 2

Ok, say you meet someone here and the two of you really click. Everything seems fantastic but you live hundreds of miles apart. Would you be willing to pick up everything and relocate to be with that person? I have not btw I am just curious

SCOTT63 4 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends - are they minted?

I've done that. I've also done the long distance relationship thing. I don't care to do either again.

Duke Level 8 Dec 27, 2017

If you found your match... why not? we do it for work, college, illness, military, crime, beach, mountains, family, just because... I don't want to make Love the exception. I am packed and ready to unpack my happiness where ever it is. Happiness is important to me and in preparation I choose to be the Gipsy Of The New Spain... unrooted, I am all in!!!! Keyword... MATCH!!! Let Me Repeat... MATCH.

I think I'd want a little IRL time before relocating? hundreds of miles? One would think good odds on getting your knob polished is worth a four or five hour drive.

Maybe. Circumstances dictate everything. Can I find work? Will she support me in the interim? Where would I be moving? Too many questions, and plenty of chances for one to make this a no. But I would not rule it out. I've made sudden moves before and might do so again.

I just moved to Las Vegas to devote time to myself and my own goals... I spent the previous 2.5 years chasing someone around the country. So, no. It can wait. Long distance is fine if we truly click.

Cwen Level 4 Dec 28, 2017

Willing, yes. I can teach anywhere. Able, probably not. I have an 11 year old.

Things change. My last LD relationship (I've had 2) turned out to be my current wife of 21 years. If it doesn't quite work out, let it go.

I'm at 21 years with my LD relationship also. She left home with one small bag and never looked back. Brave little shit and I love her for it.

My ex was from Krasnoyarsk Russia, literally half way around the globe (no, there was no mail order involved, I actually met her here in Acton MA). OK, northern hemisphere, but still, 12 hours difference. So much for that little experiment. Now I get nervous about anyone greater than 30 miles away.

godef Level 7 Dec 28, 2017

I could consider a move as soon I won't be tied to my current geography (kids graduating, retirement). I know from prior experience that an excellent match is well worth uprooting for.

Zster Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

It would have to have a pretty damn good chance of succeeding over the long haul. I can do my job anywhere, but moving to a new location just for a relationship is a pretty big hassle if things go ass over apple cart in a month or two.

One thing I can say is I wouldn't do it right away. The first year or so would probably involve a great deal of traveling back and forth.

No. I have done a lot of work to end up here, tried many other places, this is where I feel best, it has about 80% of what I want.

Yeah, especially if she isn't in the South, but somewhere warmer than north GA in the winter. I hate cold weather.

Nope. I would not care how well the connection is. I would never relocate.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 28, 2017

no chance

Ready, perhaps. Willing, maybe. Able, impossible.

Why would you have to commit to move to "them"? Recommendation would be to have a meet-n-greet in a place neither of you have been for a few days.

I'm a truck driver, so it wouldn't be a problem unless you live west of I-35. My company does not go farther west than I-35. I would miss HEB and breakfast tacos.

Nope, no moving. I've moved 23 times in my life. I've been in Omaha now for 13 years, My kids are all in long term relationships and have jobs and are within 15 miles. I have one grandchild and one on the way. My kids rarely saw grandparents or other family growing up. Their dad, my ex was in the military, and post military did not manage to relocate near family until our move to Omaha. I will not willingly move away, and the logistics of long distance relationships is a burden. Tried it once, got burned bad. So no long distance for me.

Yes-its in my profile. I am a free spirit.

No. I have a visual disability and would not leave my established family and friend support system no matter how great the connection was. They could move to be with me, though.

Hypothetically, if the financial side is good, if you are not married already, if met with the person at least a few times and the person seems genuine, then why not

As long as the weather is like South Florida. I cannot do cold.

You couldn't just go out to visit for a couple of weeks, just to see how you got along in person?

Done that and had it done for me. But at my stage of life it would be very difficult probably for both of us. Also, where I live has more to offer than any other place I know and can think of. There are successful relationships where duel homes are practiced. One guy I know comes here a month early and leaves a month after his wife. This way they both get their alone time. It can work, one just has to be flexible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11052
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.