Agnostic.com

62 11

What would it be like to be married to you?

So, what kind of spouse are you/would you be (or partner, if marriage isn't your thing)?

When I met my husband, I didn't pull any stops. I ate the way I normally eat. Maybe with a little spaghetti on my face sometimes 😳 and I didn't sugar coat anything. No surprises.

I asked my husband, "if you could change one thing about me, what would it be?" He said "you ask too many questions... like that one." :\

So, what should a person know about you, if they were to live with you (legal documents or no).

Here is mine:

1. My sleep is erratic.
  2. I need to have alone time.
  3. I like a quiet house.
  4. I have a few phobias like bugs and germs...
  5. Hate clutter and I donate things every time I buy something.

Oh and I'm pretty sure my feet are made of ice. Chiseled ice cubes.

silvereyes 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being married to me would suck, though my soon to be ex wife stuck it out for near twenty years (I left her, blah blah reasons).
I'm not going to list my faults, I'm not dangerous, just annoying.
So in the vanishingly unlikely event that one of you runs into me and decides that you might quite like to get shackled to me, don't.
No, really, don't...

As I'm using this for a dating site, I ain't saying - keeping that stuff hidden, of course! (until I must reveal it).

I'm bipolar and struggle with depression, I have insomnia, drool, snore and sometimes talk in my sleep. I eat like a hog, I hate spiders and hate loose hair (pubes or anything not attached to the body), I like a clean bathroom and I may or may not fuss at you about the toilet seat being up, depends on the day and my mood. I make random noises when i'm bored, i'm annoying and will bug you to death, I like watching you brush your teeth and shave because I like admiring your beauty even when you're doing simple things so expect me to stare. It can not be cold nor hot in the house, it must stay on 70s at all times. Sex at least once a week is mandatory. I don't use my brain all the time, so except really dumb stuff to happen. I'm emotional and i'm used to liars, so don't even try because I will find out and if it's something major... like sneaking around and cheating on me, I will make your life a living hell.

After two divorces...thanks but no thanks....not going to compromise anymore...

I work shift work which includes days, nights, holidays and weekends. I do get some days off of course!

If not for a CPAP machine, nobody else in the house would be able to sleep through my snoring.

I'm honest to a fault. Don't ask me a question that you don't want an honest answer to.

It generally takes a lot to truly get me angry and while I never raise my voice or a hand, you'll know when it happens.

I'm a fun and loving father and partner.

I'm very affectionate and faithful with my partner but I mostly bond through things that happen in the bedroom and I'm not the plain vanilla type. Be the demon in the sheets that I need and I'm yours forever.

I’m trying to be done with animals

I’m easy on everything (not wanting to repair or replace)

Loud is not allowed

Air should be fresh

Organized clutter works ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

Wonderful! I am in agreement your points listed above with the exception of number 4. Bugs do not bother me and when you think about it we are walking chemical/bug factories....

1. I fall asleep late (and wake up late too when I can).

2. I could spend pretty much all the time in the world with someone I really care about, though work would likely prove a major obstacle lol.

3. I like the quiet, but I also like loud music, so long as it's good music.

4. I'm not particularly scared of anything-I've already faced depression and decided nothing could be worse, so I'm pretty hard to frighten.

5. I don't like clutter but can live with it easily.

Usually my entire body is practically ice. I like my space heater and blankets.

I've been married to me for a long time, and it seems to be working out. But other people who have attempted don't appreciate these few things:
I) I can't just sit around and do nothing. I get fidgety.
2) I don't need people much. I came to realize that most people need to feel needed. I fail at making people feel needed.
3) I am a MMA junkie. But the person with me doesn't have to be, (see number 2).
4) I live for alone time. But I can be alone and share a room with someone (see number 2). A talent I learned in the marines.
5) I don't care about money. I give things away all the time. If I were married, I would not do that without the consent of my partner, however. I am big on sharing decisions if I am in a relationship. Saves on arguments.
6) I laugh a lot.
7) I listen to truly obnoxious music, but do not need my partner to listen to same music (see number 2). In fact, it doesn't matter what my wife listens to, I will make fun of it. And I expect the same in return or I will think you don't care.
8) I am perpetually creating something. About 12-16 hours a day or more...I will stop to bow chi chi bow bow or just have 'us' time. I'm not that bad. Okay, maybe I am....hehe.

@Kreig I don't think there ever is a 'bad' year...One Championship, Bellator, LFA, VictoryFC, TitanFC, Bamma, Rage O' Cage...etc. I like watching the fighters develop...Till was a big surprise...Moraes going from World Series Of Fighting was awesome...217 and 218 were really good events though...as for holloway, the guy is a 9 out of 10 fighter....he will win 9 out of 10 times against almost anybody, but the same thing that makes him exciting makes him beatable....great champ, though....Looking forward to Frankie and Max...

@Kreig Gaethje was the World Series Of Fighting Light Weight Champion...he was a savage...and still is....that fight between Eddie and Justin had me almost passing out from holding my breath....what a great fight by both competitors...Oh yeah, I would love to see a Conor vs Max fight....Max is so much better now....but mcgregor is the master sniper of the lighter weights....the fight that is giving me shivers right now is Miocic Vs Ngannou....how the hell is Miocic going to handle that guy...I don't think I've ever been more impressed with the power of a heavy weight (I was a heavy weight, guess still am...hehe) as I am with Ngannou...

I've changed a lot since I was last in any long-term relationship.
I'm older and not nearly as wild as I used to be.

1. I too like it quiet, it's very loud where I am now.

2. I can't stand when the sink is full of dishes, and I don't just mean dirty ones. If the drying rack is full I can't walk past it I have to put them away. Then I'll wash any dirty ones and put them in the drying rack. 😛

3. Sometimes I snore...badly.

4. Guilty pleasure: Occasionally I'll watch those moronic shows on The History Channel like Ancient Aliens for a laugh. It's like watching a comedy program.

5. Between all of the seizures I've had and the meds I'm on, sometimes have a trouble finding the words I want to say. or I can't comprehend a simple question for a second. It can be a little embarrassing, but that's what you get.

Icy feet are easy to overlook when you're with the right person. 🙂

You'd be overwelmed by my charm and you'd be in wifey heaven 😛

Gawd, from everything you say, you could be my soulmate... except for the last item. Oopsie!

godef Level 7 Dec 28, 2017

@silvereyes - Yeah, I struggle with clutter. In my head and my home.

I've been married twice and they both came back for more, more than once, so that probably means they were in between me and a good relationship.

But, I'm a pretty nice ex-husband too. Civil and polite.

So, marriage may not be the best relationship status for me but I am still working on being a good companion.

1. I snore
  2. I’m overly distracted and cranky when interrupted
  3. I believe an ordered desk is a sign of a sick mind.
    4). Work comes first, pleasure after.
    5). I’m very pertinacious.

You're more normal than you think you are. We all have foibles. A person with a big heart loves others with a big heart.

1. I'm a writer, so I tend to go to bed late.
  2. I spend a lot of time in my office.
  3. I talk to myself (usually to smooth out scenes)
  4. I'm messy.
  5. I like to cuddle a lot
Gohan Level 7 Jan 11, 2018

Yeah I snore.

I love animals, but definitely not in my bed, preferably not in the house.

I refuse to pay for cable tv.

I travel for a living. Please be able to take care of yourself.

I own a chainsaw, I sharpen it myself.

I don’t like clutter, but I also have a hard time tossing things.

I use the word Fuck way too much.

I’ve never been married or lived with anyone so the situation would culture shock for me.

I'll leave that to my ex.

godef Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

I would make a great spouse. No baggage. Passionate. Pre-house trained.

What would it be like to marry you? If I knew that I could tell you what it would be like married to me.

I snore. I like great sex. I am very open minded. I dislike paranoia. I don't mind dirt. I tell it how I see it, no filters.

completely uninhibited, only get pets I can eat and 90% of the time I'm naked

After being married for 10 years(still in effect) I would not look for a marriage situation since that usually just turns into a power struggle because once you have that legal binding document, there is a guillotine looming over any serious disagreement. I think a common agreement to support each other, be the first responder for life's difficult moments, and show affection and deep emotional connection is all a relationship needs, not a paper saying "live-together-or-else".
You should know:

1.I snore, esp because I can rarely get a full nights sleep and when I do sleep, I'm sleeping hard.

2.I am usually quiet but get fun and goofy often, if you need to talk I can't read minds.

3.I enjoy solo or duo activities over large social happenings.

1. Yelling causes me to shut down, if you can't say something with a somewhat cool attitude I'd rather we think on it.

5.I have many hobbies: Drums, video games, guitar, computer/technology/programming, song editing/production, but I can shut all that down for a good cuddle movie/convo.

1. my sleep is also erratic
    2.i am afraid of clowns and little people, so a clown little person will send me around the bend.
  2. I can watch TV, listen to music, and read a book all at the same time I have been told that is annoying.
  3. I have eclectic taste in music so at any time my playlist could include NWA and Sinatra never opera though hate opera.
    5.I have restless leg syndrome
  1. I'm a toucher. The more I like you, the more I touch.

2. I read, a lot: news (PBS, CNN, Fox News, local newspaper, foreign newspapers online), archaeology, dictionaries, encyclopedias if I can find one, and anything having to do with the history of the English language. Things I don't read: assembly instructions, informational signs (ring bell for service, out of order and wet paint signs). If it's quiet, I'll read the day away.

3. I am extremely loyal through sickness and through health as long as he is.

4. Don't hang on me except in bed.

5. I still have a high sex drive (curse or not).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.