Agnostic.com

22 6

Agnostic Cruise?

Hello fellow Community members!
I had posed this question before and i will ask again.

Would You Be Interested In a Cruise For Our Community members?

Please keep in mind before you answer, This will be at your own expense. Also keep in mind that it would be nearly impossible to plan the departure of this cruise in a place that is convenient to Everyone, so flight expenses would also be a factor for some.

If you are willing, able and interested in such an event, i would considering partnering with other community members to plan something.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR HONEST ANSWER:
ARE YOU INTERESTED, OR NOT?

"If we get enough willing participants, we can start the planning process"

• 20 votes
  • 27 votes
twshield 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would love to support our cause. I said no more untill they allow smoking on the balcony again.

If I were financially stable I'd give it a go. However my circumstances make it so my next vacation should be in 2090

My other concern is I'm scared of cruises after that year where all the cruise lines either caught fire or were raided by pirates. Oh and I am unable to be in direct sunlight for more than 5 minutes, even with sunscreen

@Morganfreeman good luck with that.

@LadyAlyxandrea don't forget norovirus!

It's more likely we'd have some regional meetups when we get better organized.

Admin Level 9 June 19, 2018

@twshield I said "Yes." But, with a caveat -- not this year, unfortunately.

Sounds like fun. Not sure about the logistics though?

I voted not interested but would still give it some consideration depending on circumstances.

Circumstances and LOTS of leeway for planning logistics and budgeting over in this camp.

I tend to plan financing my travel at least 6 months in advance. I can't be the only one. I am sure you could find more people to join if you created the event plan well in advance. Also, maybe find a deal that gets cheaper per person rates as more people sign up.

It sounds fun. But financially off limits for me right now.

A cruise would be cool but also very expensive for a lot of people. I would prefer I would prefer something more casual: bowling, hiking, picnic at the park, pool party.

We don't all live in the same town. Travel will be required for any event involving more than 10 members.

@JBeberstein So travel isn't required if it's 10 members or less? What if those members live in different cities or states?

Also, I had noooooooo idea that we all didn't live in the same town. /s

@joeymf86 travel is required for any event requiring more than one town's participation.

I'd love to, but I wouldn't be able to afford it.

a cruise just don't float my boat, but if y'all go have a blast.

It seems to me such an effort would properly be undertaken by Agnostic.com itself. There are now 10s of thousands of users on this site. I think what you are proposing is more or less a few nonbelievers getting together on a cruise. Hardly an "Agnostic Cruise." However, Agnostic.com could negotiate with a cruise line to commission a cruise ship and could then promote it to fill the ship. That's my thought. =]

@twshield If the package was reasonably affordable, this is something I'd be interested in. Cruising is incredibly fun (as you know). One thing I'd love to do sometime is the Star Trek themed cruises NCL is doing. That would be a hoot.

@twshield the cruises happen in the Jan/Feb timeframe. They do two. Lots of celebs from the Star Trek galaxy are there.

You have a great idea -- making it a site coordinated thing.

You have a not-so-great idea (to me) -- sci fi.

@BlueWave It's not an idea (the ST thing), it's a real thing. LOL! I'd be happy to forward you an email! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! =P =]

@IAMGROOT Oh, I believe it!!

I'm not into sci fi, so would be really bummed if everybody chose a cruise with that theme. 🙂

@twshield Speaking of Vegas, did you ever see the ST and Borg Experiences there? They've been gone for some time, but the attraction was there at the LV Hilton, I think, for several years.

@BlueWave I'm not suggesting that we do that here. This is a thing that has been going on for a couple of years now that I think would be lot of fun and I am personally interested in it. I like the idea of doing an Agnostic cruise, but would prefer to see that done on a larger scale with appropriate interesting and fun activities. Science speakers, FFRF, things of that nature. Oh, and lots of booze. LOL!

@IAMGROOT Now it sounds perfecto!! 🙂

No. I've seen Titanic.

LOL! DO NOT watch either Poseidon film then. =]

Sounds great but cash poor at the moment!

i like camping and cruising. I just need time to plan it. so
pls let me know way in advance 🙂

@twshield Sounds good!

@twshield Thank you for trying to bring the group together.

Cruises are great and it would be fun but financially it's a no go for me.

I think it could be fun if reasonably priced and planned far enough in advance

Nineteen say yes, but you'd could get a lot more participation doing some kind of cheaper retreat.

LOL, my last social media get together created three romances. None for me, but it was fun and I think one couple is still together 6 years later!

I'd be interested, on a large or small scale. My other half and I used to cruise frequently - mostly just short three or four night getaways on older ships. We've taken a couple dozen, and now that we're back in Florida, I imagine we'll be taking them again more frequently. Should anyone ever put one together for this group, I'd likely sign on if the price was right.

Sounds like a great idea TW..obviously those of us on the other side of the pond can only look on jealously as you guys are living the dream on the seas on the Love boat...but hope you guys do get something together...

@twshield

Emm...nah...still jealous...

hell..i'd go...get a big enough group and you get discounts. it's not very economical to have one person per room.. i'd be up for sharing a room with somebody but haven't met her yet

I'd like to do a road trip through the Bible Belt on a chartered bus/s with atheist signage or banners identifying it as the 'Hell Bound Express' with Hell on the destination sign above the driver. Might be a fun thing to plan as transportation to the atheist convention.

I'm a nonbeliever of cruises.

@twshield It is a small movement made up of me. ☺

@twshield The meetings are easy to organize. ☺

@twshield Exactly

@twshield, @Sticks48 If there were disagreements we would be a little concerned. 😉

@kensmile4u LOL. It is not beyond the realm of the possible. ?

@Sticks48 - you don't believe cruises exist?

@JBeberstein l believe they exist. I don't believe in them for me. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.