Agnostic.com

23 4

What is your plan "B"?

I realise full well that the media sensationalizes everything, but no smoke without fire. We have already had a Christmas terror attack here and I expect some attempts over New Year. The dude with the weird haircut (not trump - the other one) makes all sorts of threats and if there is any truth at all in the press, he seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic. China and pushing at the edges of its borders and seems quite prickly, Russia seems to be teasing everyone. A few more natural disasters will make things even more tense. I do not expect WW3 but I do expect some disruptions, in Oz we are overly dependent on fuel shipments which can be easily disrupted. This would lead to petrol rationing, which would also affect deliveries of anything from food, fuel itself, the coal trains that take coal to our power generators are diesel powered, I have been through power rationing before. Not talking about the likelihood of these things happening, just if they did. How would you be affected? Communications? Transport/travel/water supply and so on. I have designed computer systems and networks, we build in redundancy, back up power supplies, multiple CPUs, multiple drives storing the same data, something dies, the system continues, often with no noticeable effect. What is your plan "B"?

Rugglesby 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My plan is to live everyday as is; living is all we can do. “uncertainty” is not only part of life but it is life.

I'm going to Disney!!!

I live in Orlando which is a great spot for an attack, so I plan to be gone in the first wave. If I survive the first wave, I intend to just take it as it comes.

If you survive the first wave you'll have time for extra rides 🙂

I grew up in the mids of the "Cold War", Never came up with a Plan to the age I am in Now. I was sure back then I will be dead by now. Defying the grim ripper at every opportunity. Well the time came that I took a fall, closed my eyes to not see what was going to kill me and landed on my feet, In one piece. So Phase 3 was executed and here I am. I will enjoy life absent of the "rat race" that poison us on a daily basis. Move around as I please without any roots... I made it to retirement. I admit that actions I took when young like joining the military, etc. Help me being the happy I am now. I am in Peace, missing those gone before me. I am managed by the Man in the Mirror. If loves comes and disturbs my agenda... So be it... Welcome... We all need a Witness to Our Lives. Love is my kryptonite and my Nuclear Fear.

I don't know that there is a Plan B. We destroy the planet, it's all we've got. Sun spots wipe out our grid, there's not a lot we can do about that. Our fates are tied together. Perhaps this is a great place to talk about how we should find ways to come together so that we can, A) prevent a lot of these tragedies, and B) come together to help each other through when these tragedies happen. It can be done, but it has to be done on purpose. We can't just fall into this.

Well I've got a ton of canned goods thanks to the food bank. I've got an acre of land where we can build a greenhouse and grow our own fruits and veggie. Maybe get a cow for milk and dairy products. If anything nuclear happens we're all dead.

Thats a lot of prepping to do. You want it you got to get on it.

bend over and kiss my shiny hiney goodbye

Mine’s another nation … but I’m not tellin 😉 I’m now located in a community where decades ago the ‘back to the lander’s’ (Hippies) decided would be the best place (in continental US) to withstand/ survive a nuclear attack, so multiple communes were set up that have now integrated very well educated folks with Application survivors. All water flows away from our county, and people have honed their skills of survival for generations. Not a zone of wealth, so taking a couple of technological steps backwards would come natural for most, including myself ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

our equivalent is an hours drive from me.

the next and by far the biggest war won't be over power but survival and you get more enemies the further it goes. I think its already started.

My plan B is to continue with plan A until it don't work no more, then drive off into the sunset with a big jar of peanut butter.

to adapt and survive - like always

just die

South America.

Dumb luck.

skado Level 9 Dec 28, 2017

I don't have a plan 'A'.

I have no plan "B" - will analyze the situation as is and work to bring things back to order as I see fit.

I think I'll pray for a miracle.

In that case we could all just pray nothing bad happens, oh I forgot, that is what political leaders here do, that and pray the USA will protect us again.

If that happens I hope it lands right on my house. LOL Get that crap over with already. Stupid humans.

I feel safe...

My plan B has always been to live off of my primitive camping skills full time.

Zster Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

So tell me more about avoiding injection attacks through PHP into SQL.

Until then, m y plan "b" is continuing to be privileged as fuck and hoping the nukes don't fly.

ha, never got right into sql, I have a couple of proprietary databases, I could interface if necessary, but dont

@Rugglesby OldSchool I like it.

I only live within Plan A. I have no Plan B. If economic chaos and social disruption happens perhaps I could become very religious. Alleluja and pass the biscuits.

I live in the East Texas pine forests. I.would garden and hunt until the drones kill us.

I live in a hub, on the main artery between Dallas and Austin. Chances are, I’d be fine unless someone drops a bomb on Ft. Hood

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.