Agnostic.com

14 15

Disillusioned? Why do you feel this way?

You know im so screwed up right now... my belief of what America stands for has let me down. Its turned into a lie. I can't believe how were treating our fellow human beings trying to escape to a better life for them and their children. My body is numb and my head is heavy hearing politicians says they're illegal and i doesn't matter how we treat them. Its become a big fucking secret how they housed the children so we won't talk about it. Ha! Its out now! How did we get to this point in America? Is this how a super power nation is suppose to set an example to the world? We mise well take the statue of liberty down. Its lost its meaning. The shit thats happening today is steadily pushing me in another direction. It goes to show you how big business really works. A prime example is watching them in action because big business is now running our country. Watch who crosses over the line regardless of morals and principles. See who is throwing stones at humanity and when the time comes we can put them on trial like we did with the countrymen that damn near distroyed the jews. Whats scary is the lack of compassion for the innocent. They will remember the cruelty. The children will eventually rule the world.... im sorry don't fix some things....

BucketlistBob 8 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel the same about my government in the U.K.

jacpod Level 8 July 10, 2018

As the human animal begins to feel the pressure of overpopulation, it will become more selfish and aggressive. I expect many wars to be fought over resources. The United States of America has never been able to live up to what it aspires to be. We Recite the pledge of allegiance, but we are still fighting for liberty and justice for all. America has always been a big experiment. Under our current leadership,run by a sociopath/ narcissist ,we definitely are following a very dark and dangerous path of selfishness and inhumanity.

Your so right!

You're right in that multinational corporations now control much of the legislature and, these late months, the executive, but this latest cresting of overt racism is hardly an anomaly. America was founded upon the genocide of its indigenous people and the ownership of African slaves (imported once the supply of Native Americans was exhausted), and first made its place in the world undertaking numerous military expeditions into Central America. Well into the twentieth century the persecution of Chinese immigrants continued with a sweeping miscegination law (not dropped from the books until World War Two, and only then to avoid having Japan use it to counter US propaganda), while Japanese-Americans were sent into wartime concentration camps (while the atrocities committed in the field upon the bodies of Japanese soldiers was unlike anything practiced on troops of the other Axis powers - look, for example, at the Time magazine cover photograph of a twenty-year-old American about to write to her boyfriend serving in the Pacific, as she gazes at the Japanese skull he'd sent as a souvenir: [time.com] - he wasn't alone in doing this, by the way). And, of course, the racism which African-Americans (and, increasingly anyone guilty of owning a brown skin and/or a Koran) daily endure proceeds as it long has, to the extent that, research shows, it is damaging the physical health of whole communities.

Other nations, too, have blood on their hands (not least Britain in carving out and holding onto its empire), and most similarly prefer not to countenance past cruelties inflicted upon colonized and native peoples. If the US is to rise above racism, we must begin by recognizing the dark episodes of American history and making amends.

We are living the end of a great empire. and as all things end, the secrets they held become known. We can all see that the corruption goes as far back as you care to look, and the foundation is crumbled to its core. Rome is falling folks,

dellik Level 6 June 23, 2018

Yes....

The difference in news reporting truly has me confused. When I watch CNN and Fox, it is like watching two entirely different series of events.

Me too and I am not American

jacpod Level 8 June 22, 2018

IMO of course. I think we are seeing the end result of a country that has always been build on a foundation of lies. It started in 1787 when the Constitution was written/ratified. Here we endeavored to create the magical land of human rights and freedoms but did not bat an eye to the slaves in the field. Never gave a second thought to the women. Then from that point on, we systematically committed genocide against a race of people as we pushed our boundaries West. All the while patting our selves on the back on how great the white christian society is. Then we fought a horrendous war to free the slaves, because the bible dipshits in the South could not come to the conclusion that it was wrong for themselves and had to be forced to stop. Then at the end of that war we really didn't change things, chains got turned into intimidation, Jim Crow laws, and segregation. That was the norm right up till the 1960s and again, people had to fight to get that fixed because dumbfucks could not figure it out on their own that it was wrong. Between interment camps, segregation, slavery, and the continual demonization of the poor, this country has always been a lie. It had/has great PR and really sold that freedom and liberty bullshit to the world without acknowledging the fact that it systematically denied it to people at home. Of course IMO.

Your writing was powerful.

Not enough up votes for my liking of how much I like of your description of reality.

My father was a vet...served in WWII, Korea, Nam and the Gulf Wars. He loved our country and died for it. We don't all have to be the same, like the same stuff, eat the same food, practice religions( or not) but we have to be Americans. We aren't perfect and we have screwed up some things around the world, but we were the best the world had...we were the good guys...we saved people...we cared about others, our neighbors and even our enemies (hell, we outlawed waterboarding on our worst enemies)...I am very upset to see what is happening as well...my poor father is rolling in his grave. This thing with the kids...the babies...we need to be outraged, we need to feel shame, we need this to end...we have to be Americans again.

Yes!?

People like you give me hope for the future. I'm not just saying that either.

I agree.

When any country puts its values to the side to enforce policies based on fear or greed it's on the wrong path. Try not to be disillusioned that America is knocked down, if it's important to you help it get back up.

Well said and eloquently put Bob..its getting a lot of people down in the states and most other places too.
Nothing lasts forever..people will see things for what they have become...and this current depressing epoch will eventually pass into the history books as a near miss ..rather than a right wing hijacking of America...
This depends on people getting off their asses and voting of course..something that the right depend on not happening...

I agree Bob. the fear is taking over. support for this a** should not be tolerated on any front in this nation. money is no reasonable excuse for this behavior but that is what is happening. Orange idiot is riding that wave of ignorance too many citizens readily provide. sick.

It is the lack of voters who did this.

Marine Level 8 June 20, 2018

it's the lack of Voters who understand what it means to be American.

@hankster I'm confused. But, people liked your comment, so maybe I'm missing something. Help?

@BlueWave what I was trying to say is those that voted for Trump don't understand what it means to be American.

@BlueWave and I should add that many of those that do understand didn't bother to go vote and Marine is right about that.

But didn't the Dems win the popular vote by some 3,000,000?

The USA was founded on the concept of an invested and educated electorate being the ultimate check and balance. Unfortunately we're falsely divided, ignorant and immature right now, but that can change

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.