Agnostic.com

5 0

The bible is BS.

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Amen!

Can't argue the point, the OT is a Bronze Age morality fable whose science and morality is, well, Bronze Age at best. And then there's the talking snakes and other magical woo. Right. The NT isn't much better, even if it avoids some of the most horrid excesses of the OT (Leviticus comes to mind) it's still full of magical woo.
And yet here we are, it's still possibly the most read book of all time, and still influencing people today. Saying it's BS may be true, but that's hardly going to have an impact on your typical Christian.
And the real problem, to my way of thinking, is those that have hijacked the Bible to preach hate. I mean the only thing that every made Jesus angry was bankers, he never said a word about gay people. And yet here people are, thinking Jesus condones hatred. Jesus wept.
Anyhow, sorry to ramble, it's an interesting if troubling topic.

I read the book while I was a christian. I would not say that there are no answers in it. One can find good in anything. Unfortunately, this compilation of stories has been used to create a whole lot of evil.

Yep.

It’s the truth. It is B.S. it baffles my mind that so many people believe in it. The Old Testament was pretty much about God throwing a temper tantrum. So he destroyed those two cities with fire and that wasn’t enough then he flooded the whole damn world. That wasn’t enough so in the New Testament he had to bring his son into the picture. The whole book was pretty much him messing up.

Yep.

OT God sounds a lot like Trump. He's always throwing tantrums. He thinks he's God too. And may get us all killed.

Agreed^^

Yay!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.