Agnostic.com

46 3

If you were given the chance, would you want to be famous?

I won’t lie that I used to want to be famous, due to all of the love you’d get from fans, but then as I started to look further into things, I changed my mind and decided fame wouldn’t be what it is cracked out to be. All your fans would love you for what you’re doing, not for you because way before stars were famous, none of those people could care less about them. Even though I’m not a believer in the Illuminati, I’ve heard horror stories about these celebrities sacrificing family members as blood sacrifices to pay up to Lucifer that goes down in Hollywood. I’m sorry, but no amount of fame and money would be worth me bumping off my own loved ones for a world that is fickle like fans, who could turn on you at any point.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen what fame has done to some of my friends. They SAY they haven't changed.

No thanx!

Never. I value my privacy and I'm really sad for famous people who can't enjoy the everyday pleasures of life like:
visiting a coffee shop with a friend, using a public bathroom, running to the store in flip flops, buying tampons in Target....You get it. NO to being famous

So do you think anyone actually makes this devil's bargain, misguided or not?
You say you don't believe in such things and then seem to weigh this as some sort of actual choice someone would make or indeed has made.

No. You would surrender your privacy, your ability to walk down the street. Plus you would probably find that a lot of people were trying to manipulate you, one way or another.

Sure. After I've departed this mortality.

Goat Level 5 Dec 31, 2017

I wouldn't want strangers wanting to talk to me. I hate the idea of others being obstacles on my path.

I wouldn't want strangers wanting to talk to me. I hate the idea of others being obstacles on my path.

Nope. More aggravation than it's worth.

it's fake love. I would want to be famed for my art so I could sell it for more and help my animal charity more

Yes, of course! But, famous for what? Hmmmmmm🙂

It depends. I'm a writer, and I would love it if my books were read. But I don't want to be famous at any cost. Nor do I need to be Tom Hanks or J.K. Rowling famous. I just want to be knowing for my work.

Those how put fame above all else, like the ones you mentioned above, sell their souls for fame, and it's not worth that to me. In fact, I owe most of who I am to those around me who made it possible for me to do the work I do and write the stories I've written. I owe so much to those people, and the thought of "sacrificing" them for fame both saddens me, and makes me sick.

There has to be a way to succeed, without sacrificing those who bring out the better in us.

It is sick. It makes me sad and angry that a person could even think to do something that low to their family. The guilt would eat me alive. Fans are fickle.

I wouldn't want to be famous, but it is possible to be famous without being horrible. The first example that springs to my mind is Paul McCartney, who is a nice bloke. Given time, I could list many more.

No. Even though It would be nice to have lots of money, I couldn't take all the attention. I can get kinda snarky with my comments when I get nervous and would most likely come out looking like a total bitch.

I would be famous like that guy who spray paints walls and wears a mask in public appearances

I wouldn't want to be famous. Even with organizations, when they want me to be in responsible positions, I prefer to be behind-the-scenes, and never President.

Fans love you and fear you. I left a place where I was feared. Even my name was something not mentioned. The illuminati stuff is absolute garbage.

Yes, it is. I agree. But since there’s people that believe in it, to them, it is very real and that is why some may make these stupid sacrifices.

I used to want to be famous, due to all of the love you’d get from fans, but then as I started to look further into things, I changed my mind and decided fame wouldn’t be what it is cracked out to be.

Naw! I think I did pretty good for a boy like me. I can't remember crap. Damn lucky I made it this far..... lol. I've been one in 10 thousand. Thats not bad. I'm happy being free of all the hype.

No. I prefer to live in the background.

No. At least not while I'm still alive. But then after I'm dead, what difference would it make?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11225
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.