Agnostic.com

7 1

LINK Exactly how much trouble is the Trump Foundation in? - CNNPolitics

(CNN)Last Thursday, the attorney general of New York sued the Trump Foundation, alleging that the organization affiliated with the President of the United States and his family had broken a number of laws governing charitable groups. "As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his business to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality," said Barbara Underwood, the Empire State's AG.

Cillizza: Let's start simple: How odd is the way the Trump Foundation operates when compared to other similar-sized foundations?
Owens: Whether the Trump Foundation is compared to similar-sized, i.e. small, family foundations or it is compared to foundations of any size and type, my answer is the same: the Trump Foundation may be unique in the variety and scope of its transgressions of state and federal law, as well as the visibility of the transgressions.
Since the enactment of the private foundation excise taxes in the Tax Reform Act of 1969, the IRS has undertaken a variety of audit programs focused on federal tax law compliance. The results have not generally been made public, but some have, including a report released in 1990 of a statistically valid audit project of private foundations that involved a review of 882 organizations. The project, known as the "Grant-making Administrative Expenses Study," was required by Congress in the Deficit Reduction Act of 1984, and the study was made public as a result. In a concluding observation, the study noted, "Overall, we found that private foundations are in substantial compliance with the provisions of the tax laws that apply to them." None of the 882 foundations in the study exhibited behavior even distantly close to that of Trump Foundation as detailed in the New York attorney general's petition.
In fact, while my years at the IRS brought me into contact with many charities and foundations that had violated federal tax law, few approached the variety of the Trump Foundation's transgressions.

Lukian 8 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The shame just keeps on growing. Damn.

Not enough if it still open.

Marine Level 8 June 21, 2018

Is it time to send thoughts and prayers?

In it's self, only fines. BUT if other tax related schanagans are uncovered it could be big!

Get him...get him....get the whole family...put them in jail where they belong.

They are crooks in organized crime with Mafia-style enforcers and fixers.

i hope they all get life they are a crime family stealing and grifting their way along and i include jared they pay for portraits for trump enhanced funds to use trump facilities and anything else trump wants at the moment

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.