Agnostic.com

10 11

LINK Spain’s new atheist Prime Minister spells trouble for the Church | CatholicHerald.co.uk

There are hints of trouble ahead. Sánchez, a self-declared atheist, has campaigned against state funding for Church activities and school religion, and for the removal of religious symbols from public institutions.

The PSOE is committed to legalising euthanasia and strengthening LGBT rights. When it was last in power under premier José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero in 2004-2011, the PSOE clashed repeatedly with the Church over its secularising reforms, which included relaxing Spain’s divorce and abortion laws and legalising same-sex marriage.

zblaze 7 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see the Church wanted to "abandon stereotypes connected with the past"... yes indeed...

Time for an amendment to allow foreign-born citizens to be sworn in as President in the US?

I thought Jennifer Granholm (Canadian, former Gov. of Michigan) would make a swell Pres...

Hope he can do some change, it is to fight with a business that have 500 years (the Catholic church) take in advantage of people and their .

Hopefully he will follow Portugal's lead and decriminalize all drugs, treating addiction like the illness it is instead of like a crime. Narcotic usage dropped dramatically after Portugal took this step and crime fell significantly as well, drug dealers no longer find Portugal a profitable place to peddle their wares. How smart is that?

Funny that the home of the Spanish Inquisition can end up with an atheist Prime Minister when in "the home of the brave and the land of the free" creationism is still taught as science in some schools.

Kimba Level 7 June 25, 2018

Not if Arron Ra hears about it......

I hope he has excellent body guards.

Well if the pope can have a bullet proof "gotta have faith" box around him, then so too should this leader. 🙂

@BeardedWonder don't be giving trump any ideas.

Well, keep your eyes on Catalonia.

I hope they handle it well, so much could go wrong.

He sounds great. I wonder if he's a neoliberal like so many other 'Left' politicians seem to be.

Either way, he's brave taking on the church.

Finally progress! Hope to see this here in the States someday soon!

Luces Level 4 June 21, 2018

If only that could happen here in the US of A. Wishful thinking king....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.