Agnostic.com

46 55

Ok, another couple weeks and another list of improvements (hopefully) to the site. Here goes:

• We are slowly sending out our first email of “new member matches” for those interested in dating and “interesting new posts” for those here more for community. By default, these will be sent not more than once per week and you can change the frequency or turn them off in your account settings page. Happy to get your feedback on them as we will change the algorithm over time to make it more predictive.

• Sped up most pages by about 2x after we tripled signups with some advertising on a few religious website.

• You can search comments of posts as well as posts.

• Improved the list of "similar questions" that appear on the right of each post. It now tries to show questions that are both similar and recent (hard tradeoffs).

• Made it easier for our trans members to find others and be found in search.

• When you cut/paste Youtube links, they should now be able to play without clicking to youtube.

• You can now see a list of people you’ve blocked in your account page. You can also unblock them (before, you couldn’t find them). We also fixed some bugs so it should work better now.

• We implemented a few formatting options using a pared-down version of a markup language called Markdown. Hopefully, we can eventually upgrade the post editor to be more intuitive (e.g., WYSIWYG). Below is the result of some formatting (see photo for how it was done) and [daringfireball.net] for more information. We are only supporting a few of the basics:

#Headers:

H1

H2

H3

#Bulleted lists:

• Candy.
  • Gum.
  • Booze.

make italics with single asterisks

make bold with double asterisks

make courier font with back ticks

#Make a horizontal line using 3 or more asterisk

#Basic tables:

Each Cell Per
Still renders nicely
1 2 3

Again, we want to thank you all for being patient as we improve and stabilize the website. We are also working hard on the iPhone and Android apps and are working on final bug testing now. Best wishes to you all in 2018!

Admin 9 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great! I can't wait to see the results of it all. Thanks for taking the time to do this and making this site something worth spending time on every day.

My head is spinning!

Great. Look forward to the apps. May the Force be with you.

You rock!

Duke Level 8 Dec 29, 2017

Thank you.
Great site

I am wondering why text in non-latin letters does not show up properly in postings but gets replaced with question marks (just tried to paste some unicode-encoded arabic letters). If everything is utf-8 this should work automatically unless the code actively prevents it somewhere, I assume?

Nice work! You guys for hire as well??

This is great thanks. My favorite part is the advertising on religious pages. #dead

Thanks, and keep on keeping on....

You guys rock!

What a great way to start 2108!. Thank you.

Yeah

Thank you for providing this community for us!

Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated.

Thank You for all You Do... "I appreciate, Really Appreciate, Most Appreciate"... there was this Mexican singer in the 20th century that after each applause always answered like that... more funny in spanish by him I reckon.

This site is growing up fast. Thanks for the upgrades and updates. Wonderful job. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 29, 2017

Thanks for all the work put into this site. It's great to have like minded people to chat and meet.

Thanx like the matches idea.

step by step bit by bit Thanks

Looking for social support group.

Cool thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.