Agnostic.com

36 1

What are your thoughts about euthanasia?

GoldenDoll 7 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Should be a basic human right.

I believe that if someone is just depressed, society should do everything to help and treat that person. However if someone is terminally ill, or near the end of life and is suffering than that person should be allowed to make that decision and leave this earth with dignity. I certainly do not want to be kept alive with feeding tubes and drugs.

A fine line between helping and murder.

They shoot horses don't they

What are my thoughts on euthanasia? That a poor, deluded soul like Ken Ham desperately needs it.

I'm a little confused fused with each reply yet I think I get the legist of it all dealing with free will if I'm correct which I agree with this yet need to do some homework on the question at hand about euthanasia since I have not heard any one use it since I was in college/ University which is way to to long ago.

I believe that euthanasia should be treated the same as young people in any country.
But seriously, I won't let a pet suffer, I will be taking action to make sure I don't. I also don't want to be brain dead shuffling around. I would be quite happy for any of my aging relatives to make the same choice.

What do you think about when they can't make the choice, (mentally unable), but are in awful pain?

@GoldenDoll I am working on this one, my kids know my thoughts, and in Oz, we are looking at this issue.

I think it's a wonderful thing. No one should be forced to live if they don't want to. I believe that a person should have the right to end their life painlessly at any age and for any reason. There are too many people on the planet. If someone doesn't want to be here, let them go.

I am tentatively in favour of it, but the administration of death is an extremely complex issue.

I don't really think about it, medical ethics should be left to medical professionals not to people like me.

And if your ancient mother is in awful pain and distress, with no hope of a cure, do you still not think about it?

I am all for it... my life my decision...my kids know that if I cannot make my decision please put a pillow on my face...made a living will DNR ...

Problem is if your children then get prosecuted for killing you.

@GoldenDoll they smart and will figure it out...besides we have watched countless hours of Law&Order to know how to not leave a clue 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.