Agnostic.com

13 6

LINK President Donald Trump's Child Migrant Crisis Has Awoken Something in the Resistance—and the Country

The country’s head is clearing. The country’s vision is coming back into focus and it can see for the first time the length and breadth of the damage it has done to itself. The country is hearing the voices that the cacophony of fear and anger had drowned out for almost three years. The spell, such as it was, and in most places, may be wearing off at last. The hallucinatory effect of a reality-show presidency* is dispersing like a foul, smoky mist over a muddy battlefield.

That’s the optimism, and it may, in fact, be illusory, but the power balance in our politics seemed to shift this week.

HippieChick58 9 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll believe it when I see it. All the righteous indignation in the world amounts to a hill of beans if people don't turn out in November. Independents and those on the left are historically bad at that, particularly for midterms.

That’s the optimism, and it may, in fact, be illusory, but the power balance in our politics seemed to shift this week.

We can only hope so.

Could it be the cold, calculating, bigoted heart of Trump hit a bump in the road that make some common sense settle in ? I certainly hope so...

I hope so. All this craziness has to come to an end

btroje Level 9 June 23, 2018

Let us hope so!

Marine Level 8 June 23, 2018

Although the Green Party numbers took a fairly good rise since 2016, doubled in areas, it's not anywhere near enough to show me Americans are awake. I'm curious to why you added the immigrant crisis to the head line, when that's not the original head line of the article. Although it's mentioned in the article it's hardly had enough time for accurate numbers to be drawn as a deciding factor to Americans waking up on a political scale. It's also troubling, to me, for this news corp to use the 2016 election cycle to exploit the immigration issue. I'd say I find it disgraceful, but being the Esquire is a source of news that beats the establishment agenda so often it doesn't surprise me. As a matter of fact, why didn't they just put the article out as some type of immigrant write up, or as mentioned in the article, a failed resistance? I'll tell you why. Because its just another article to manage perception and distract from the reality of the 2016 election. From the primary's throughout the general of what really happened. It didn't tackle the immigration issue, the failed resistance issue, or the awakening of Americans in any way shape or form with any substance of legitimate useful information. Trump's number are up, god help us! The republicans are turning us into a fascist country. And the democrats are still locked in a fake Russian narrative loosing still more power while not even attempting to get anything done. That's because they're part of the same bird and winning even while they're losing. And the SCOTUS is helping them all also. No, when we start seeing the numbers of a the real progressive party start climbing off the charts, we'll know then that Americans are waking up.

YES! Shared on FB.

I have said before, I will with hold comment until after the Nov. elections. That will be the moment of truth and reckoning for the USA.

Trump is proving a catalyst for working class anger.

I hope this cancer is in remission.

Love the way this guy writes

I'll believe it when I see it. All the righteous indignation in the world amounts to a hill of beans if people don't turn out in November. Independents and those on the left are historically bad at that, particularly for midterms.

I would like to think so.But i can see Trump doing another term !?

Coldo Level 8 June 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113796
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.