Agnostic.com

10 3

LINK Can Loneliness Kill You? - YouTube

What do you think? Especially if you have loving friends and family but most are way too busy trying to live, and can't make time for social interaction? Or like me who's friends are now online because you have trouble trusting or meeting people due to social anxiety. Am I gonner?

Stepmomofdragons 7 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No.... One must be one with thyself.

I put lived my immediate family but true loneliness I have visited soon several times in my life.... the depth of which were so frightening when I was young however as I’ve aged it had some very redeeming values.. there’s a certain solitude, a time to explore my own feeling and allow myself the opportunities to reflect on loss.... but I have a 13 year old son who I love dearly and once again a certain fear of loneliness slips back as I couldn’t lose him

Aydin Paladin did a pretty good video on this topic it’s worth a watch as well

Social isolation is definitely not healthy in a species whose sole strength is complex social interactions. It’s hard to say whether or not loneliness will kill you but it definitely does stress you out and can actually lead you to being more anti social. So not only does have ill effects by itself, but it reinforces itself in a positive feedback loop. I’m not an evolutionary psychologist, but I think social isolation effects us so strongly because complete and total ostracization from society essentially means death even today: it was more so for earlier humans. So there are strong pressures to stay in the good graces of society.

Basically even if it doesn’t kill you, it’s still pretty damn bad and can lead to all sorts of tragedies.

I think it's better to be lonely and hurting then being with somebody that you thought were trustworthy and then get your life ruined by these kinds of people I just stay to myself loneliness really sucks especially wanting someone to talk to and vent

It could easily lead to suicide or a failure to thrive. It could just as easily not do those things. I think if one is aware that loneliness is dangerous, they can take steps to avoid dying.

The weak, regardless be loneliness or starvation will die of anything. The strong, under same circumstances... will not die.

Yer all heart. ?

@memorylikeasieve you got to have Heart to survive and understand not to believe the hype that makes you weak. We have to conquer our fears or we will never reach our true potential. Feeling sorry never been an answer. Out of sadness, loneliness I write songs, poems, I heal on my own so I welcome that condition knowing something positive to me will come out but I don't know how others cope, I know how I deal with it. For more than 25 years VA been trying to medicate my depression. I still laugh at their attempt.

@Stepmomofdragons True, but everyday I see individuals too adept to take the victim role. If you allow it... anything can kill you so why posting the question about loneliness?

@Stepmomofdragons Don't post a question if you can't deal with the answers.

I'll let you know when I am dead....

We did not evolve to be alone. Prior to the creation of civilization, our hunter-gather ancestors were almost never alone. It would have impossible to survive if not part of a tribe. For many of us, the feeling of loneliness can be devastating.

It has killed some people , of all ages ,along the way - though mostly by their own hand.

I personally do not think so. It can contribute to one's demise but it will not be the cause. As an analogy, diabetes is not a fatal disease and will not kill you but is a major contributing factor in many deaths. You will die WITH diabetes, not FROM diabetes and I think the same is true with loneliness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.