Agnostic.com

13 3

Does anyone have a serious phobia?

Don't be afraid of the question!

atheist 8 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate needles, I have to steel myself when I get one, yet I have no trouble giving them. Upon occasion I have passed out when I got one but only if I was already ill or injured. Is this a phobia? I don't know but I suspect it could develop into one if I let it.

Your allergic to pain HF 😛

@Skyfacer , Not really I have a high tolerance to pain I have a low tolerance to seeing needle entering my body. I can't even say they hurt because if I look away sometimes the stick is over and I didn't even feel it. I can even look at the needle when it is in a vein for blood work without wincing. I know it is an unnatural fear but I just can't look.

@atheist , I find it discomforting to be referred to as "the victim".

I never liked needles but with blood cancer all you see is needles for 5 years. Thank something I am not there anymore.

At one time in my life i was terrified of driving on the freeway. I gpt over it by being made to drive on the freeway...lol

Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiders

Yes hights and open spaces and I get panic attacks

I've had them for years so I've learned to live with them and run my life around them. a good panic attack is scary as fuck it really is. it feels like someone is about to shoot you but there isn't a gun.

I have many phobias. I am very afraid of insects. All of them carry germs/diseases. I can not walk into places by myself, my food can never touch each other, heights and people.

lol Its hard to handle it. Prob why I got to take xanax 3 times a day. I have literally not gone out but to store for 3 1/2 years now. thats kinda from my fear of people. but getting better on that

I'm afraid of midgets. One once bit me in the knee

Why did it have to be snakes?

Not me. Just watched Indiana Jones. 🙂

I'd think one would say, "I have had it with these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane."

I actually did watch that movie. Got through it knowing that they were all computer-generated!

I fear that if I get sick and I am in a hospital room and I am immobilized and I cannot speak or move, but can hear and am conscious of my surrounding, that my family and friend would take turns praying and reading the bible or any religious books thinking that they are helping me and comforting me. Can you imagine someone reading that myth to you all day and you cannot leave or say shut up.

Public speaking. I get a bit queasy on a tall ladder, but I see that as survival instinct. The same with my fear of snakes. I haven't let either of the fears get in the way of living a full life, but my fear of public speaking has hurt my career, and other areas of my life.

I'm afraid of fire. Can't light a match or lighter. When I was five my mother threw a paint can in the incinerator and ten acres of field in my backyard set much of the street on fire.

Things from above falling (ceiling fans, chandeliers etc.), I'm very uneasy when I hear footsteps/creaky floors above me, I feel like shit's gonna collapse right on me. I have no idea where it came from. Also sea creatures (whales, sharks), scare me a bit. Everything else I can handle.

@atheist Guess someone doesn't know about Sharknados...

I've always had anxiety disorder, and was recently diagnosed with agoraphobia. I prefer the comfort of my home to everywhere else. There are a few other places I feel comfortable in, but not many. I especially feel trapped when I'm in a workplace, so I work from home now. It's not easy, but I make it work. I used to be afraid to drive because I didn't like leaving my house alone. Travelling with another person helped my anxiety. Now I refuse to go anywhere if I didn't drive there myself so I can escape. The feeling of being trapped when I'm not home kind of comes and goes, and is worst when I'm under a lot of pressure or stress. I've avoided medication all my life, but I'm seeing a psychiatrist now.

Yeah...I'm very afraid of religious ignorance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11444
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.