Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Decoding the ancient astronomy of Stonehenge - Vox

Summer solstice was not long ago. Today I learned:

Lukian 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find it strange that Stonehenge is almost the same age as the Pyramids of Giza, which are infinitely more complex and intriguing, but everyone focuses on Stonehenge.

There is actually a whole science dedicated to Egyptian studies. Egyptian writing was decoded because of the Rosetta stone but very little is known about Stonehenge. It is still a very small study field.

[earthsky.org] It is about the relatively recent super Stonehenge.

azzow2 Level 9 June 24, 2018

Now I want that model kit!!!! SIGH. Looks fun. I remember studying Stonehenge in Archaeology 101 way back when.

I studied numerous stone circles and other Neolithic monuments in depth whilst at university and watched this expecting to pick it apart - but I have to say it's actually very good indeed. I hadn't heard of Joss Fong before, but she knows what she's talking about.

Jnei Level 8 June 24, 2018

cool and thanks for the confirmation

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.