Agnostic.com

60 8

Your favorite dog breed!

What's your favorite dog breed? I have a special place in my heart for Basset Hounds. The longer the ears and the goofier the better.

RobLawrence 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a mixed breed dog right now and she is the most intelligent and loyal dog I have ever had.

This is my dog Corona.

I love mutts!

@JBeberstein That is a great name for a dog. Is it for the color?

@JoshArnaldo yes!

Jack Russell Terrierists (not a typo! LOL)

This is a picture of my last 3 doggie daughters -- they have all passed. All told, I had over 20 JRTs in my life.
The one on the right just passed away last year at the age of 18. She was my constant companion from birth to death. I will never live a day that I don't miss her.

@Shelton I used to tell people that I didn’t have dogs, that I had “cats on crack”! LOL

All of them, but l am partial to lap dogs at this point in my life. There is something therapeutic about holding a cat or small dog in your lap and petting said pet. ????

@Sheannutt I like that to.

Boxer.

@Shelton Every lady needs a bit of pampering on occasion. If I bribe her with enough treats she will let me do her nails while we gossip about the neighbors male Rottie making puppy dog eyes at her. 🙂

[img.thrfun.com]

I had a Blue Heeler AKA Australian Cattle dog, as a kid and I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for that dog and Blue Heelers in general.

I've never had a better companion. FYI these are not my dog, just stock photos of Blue Heelers. They are very energetic dogs so I got some action shots.

I would like to tell a story about my dog Maddie.

When I was 10 or 11, my family went to the humainsocity to get a dog.

After looking at several puppies we settled on this tiny little Blue Heeler because she was so excited to see us that she knocked herself over wagging her tail so hard. We named her Maddie.

We took her home and we spent many years playing with her and enjoying her company.
I grew up with Maddie.

After September 11, I turned 18 and joined the U.S. Army.

Whenever I came home I would play with her and she would be so happy to see me. Even though she was older she was very active.

My parents had to install a taller fence and a better gate because she would climb the chain link. The neighbors were upset because she would get out of the yard. We had to constantly be aware of her because she was so clever she would always find another way out. Eventually my parents resorted to running a cable the length of the yard and attaching her to that, so she could have the run of the yard and not get out.

After my first deployment to Iraq I had two weeks of vacation, so a came home. I was 21 at the time. The second or third day I was home a storm rolled through very early in the morning.

I was the first one up. When I went to the kitchen I saw her hanging there on the fence all stiff. She must have been spooked by the storm and tried to climb the fence, but the cable that gave her the run of the yard got caught on the fence and she hung herself in the night.

My father and I cut her down, wrapped her in a sheet. I took her to the garden, we dug a grave and placed her in it. I went and found a large stone. About three foot by two foot and maybe seven inches thick and placed it over her grave. I stacked several smaller stones on top of that.

I don't know why I'm saying all of this, I just felt like I needed to say it. Now I'm just sitting here crying as I type. lol. Why do they have to be so lovable?

@OlderMusicGeek yes. I have two. Very peculiar

We got Chief in 1996. He was the son I never gave birth to, the best brother my girls could ever have. I trained him to let us know he wanted out by ringing jingle bells hung from the door knob. I trained him to respond to several hand signals. He would bark when I touched my ear. We had a signal for sit and for lie down. He was trained to sit and wait for release when his food was put at his feeding spot. He was trained to wait until everyone was off the stairs before he'd go up or down. The 5 pound kitten bossed him around, and groomed in. The hair balls didn't seem to slow her down. He loved adults and loved full body contact. He pretty much ignored kids unless they had food or were his kids. I miss my bubba.

Sarplaninac

Awww, so cute!

German Shepherd.

Agree - raised a couple as Guide Dog Puppies (back when they were used in the program), had one has a great, loyal, gentle, intelligent pet.

I respect the super intelligence of a Border Collie.

We used to have a border collie mix and all her traits and habits were 100% border collie. I adored her and would love to find another pup like her. I just feel that so much of her personality was shaped by the kitten she grew up with.

I've had many. Jack Russell, Australian Cattle Dog, Great Dane, Pit Bull, Doberman, Rottweiler, and Cane Corso. The Australian Cattle Dogs are probably my favorite with the Rottweiler and Cane Corso tied for second. The Cattle dog is a great all around dog that isn't too big, has energy when necessary, can chill out when needed. Extremely protective and loving. They can be trained easily to do damn near anything.

My current Sophia (left) 3 yr old female Cane Corso, and Zeke (right) 9 yr old Rottweiler

Hot...with mustard and onion

Hutch Level 7 June 24, 2018

Lol.

Collie. Beautiful gentle dogs.

Grecio Level 7 June 30, 2018

Hotdog.

Only one? We have had two sets of greyhounds over the past 18 - 20 years and they are fabulous creatures in so many ways. Before that we had a chocolate lab who, once she got past the eat my golf shoes and chew through walls stage was the happiest, friendliest, and most loving dog I've known. I suspect dogs are what we make of them.

The Camel 🙂🙂

Mixed breed is my preferred, cuz they seem to abundant. I used to have a Golden Retriever that was beyond a sweetheart. Right now I have three dogs and one is a pure bread "mountian coon." Great dog too.

The dog kind.

Kerry blue terrier!

Shetland Sheepdog. They are the most intelligent and have a great personality.

Rescue anything

t1nick Level 8 June 24, 2018

I'm not a dog person. I prefer cats.

But that said... Huskies are beautiful and little Jack Russells can be very cute.

Australian cattle dog

Husky mixes

Mutts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114835
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.