Agnostic.com

60 8

Your favorite dog breed!

What's your favorite dog breed? I have a special place in my heart for Basset Hounds. The longer the ears and the goofier the better.

RobLawrence 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shetland Sheepdog. They are the most intelligent and have a great personality.

[img.thrfun.com]

I had a Blue Heeler AKA Australian Cattle dog, as a kid and I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for that dog and Blue Heelers in general.

I've never had a better companion. FYI these are not my dog, just stock photos of Blue Heelers. They are very energetic dogs so I got some action shots.

I would like to tell a story about my dog Maddie.

When I was 10 or 11, my family went to the humainsocity to get a dog.

After looking at several puppies we settled on this tiny little Blue Heeler because she was so excited to see us that she knocked herself over wagging her tail so hard. We named her Maddie.

We took her home and we spent many years playing with her and enjoying her company.
I grew up with Maddie.

After September 11, I turned 18 and joined the U.S. Army.

Whenever I came home I would play with her and she would be so happy to see me. Even though she was older she was very active.

My parents had to install a taller fence and a better gate because she would climb the chain link. The neighbors were upset because she would get out of the yard. We had to constantly be aware of her because she was so clever she would always find another way out. Eventually my parents resorted to running a cable the length of the yard and attaching her to that, so she could have the run of the yard and not get out.

After my first deployment to Iraq I had two weeks of vacation, so a came home. I was 21 at the time. The second or third day I was home a storm rolled through very early in the morning.

I was the first one up. When I went to the kitchen I saw her hanging there on the fence all stiff. She must have been spooked by the storm and tried to climb the fence, but the cable that gave her the run of the yard got caught on the fence and she hung herself in the night.

My father and I cut her down, wrapped her in a sheet. I took her to the garden, we dug a grave and placed her in it. I went and found a large stone. About three foot by two foot and maybe seven inches thick and placed it over her grave. I stacked several smaller stones on top of that.

I don't know why I'm saying all of this, I just felt like I needed to say it. Now I'm just sitting here crying as I type. lol. Why do they have to be so lovable?

All of them.

Mutts, especially with Collie and/or Labrador. But I'm fond of most dogs, so long as they're friendly and not too high-strung or insanely energetic, so it's not too important to me what their breed is.

I have had lots of mutts that I loved. I had an Ibezan hound a rescued bone mouth Shar Pei, a Thai Ridgeback, and now I have a Cane Corso. I have loved each one, but the ones who spoke to my soul was the Shar Pei. He was rescued from pit fighting, and devoted to my daughter and I, and was very protective. My Cane Corso is my other dog that is my heart and soul. She is a magnificent dog, 120 pounds of sweetness and drool. She never leaves my side when we are outdoors, she guards our home, if I let you in,she is your best friend. If I don't, she is your worst nightmare. She understands everything I say to her. She is an amazing dog. I love Mollosers, and can't imagine living without one, but I will be 72 this year, and when she is gone, I may have to downsize. I am thinking of a pittie or Amstaff. Only around 60 pounds or so, but that Molloser mentality. I think that Cane Corso is my favorite breed.

My first pet was Basset hound. I love those slobbering goofballs.

Sight hounds: Greys, Whippets, IGs, Salukis, Borzois, Pharoah hounds, and Ibizan hounds. Of course my current dog is a cat.

Zster Level 8 June 24, 2018

Corgi. Cute and compact.

Funny, I was thinking Basset hound and clicked intending to answer that and VOILA!

chocolate Labrador retriever

Lukian Level 8 June 24, 2018

i am a border collie gal, and shelties come in a close second, but for some strange reason i have a long-haired chihuahua with a little papillon mixed in. she's... different!

g

My family had a German Shepherd when I was a boy and I’ve had two more GSDs and a Doberman. I like large dogs!

All of them.

Huskies are beautiful. It"s All about the eyes.
I do have two Chihuahuas. Like the larger breed and multi color.

Rose2U Level 7 July 23, 2018

German Shorthair Pointers are the perfect dog.

Beagles of course!

I've always been a Weimaraner fan; maybe my German heritage!!

Mixed breeds Are definitely my favorite. I have two of my own plus I foster for a rescue. There are so many beautiful loving faithful awesome dogs out there just needing someone to love them! Not a breeder fan at all.

Liz Level 4 July 16, 2018

schipperke
A large dog in a small body

Well, not really a breed, but it is usually a chihuahua .... those nasty little biter dogs that want to bite everyone and everything? For some reason they like me. I find them to be rather special little friends.

Heinz 57

Boxer.

@Shelton Every lady needs a bit of pampering on occasion. If I bribe her with enough treats she will let me do her nails while we gossip about the neighbors male Rottie making puppy dog eyes at her. 🙂

Sight hounds: Greys, Whippets, IGs, Salukis, Borzois, Pharoah hounds, and Ibizan hounds.

Zster Level 8 June 24, 2018

Sheltie. Very trainable and smart. He used to herd my daughter in the house and out. He was a pretty good frisbee dog, too.

Funny, I was thinking Basset hound and clicked intending to answer that and VOILA!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114835
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.