Agnostic.com

36 5

Single or Partnered, looking or not?

Curiosity got the better of me, wondering how most members stand re dating/availability and so on.

• 47 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 7 votes
Rugglesby 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only about 0.01% of people would be a likely match.

I really like the community. you can chat about just about anything. It is a pleasure.

I've tried all the online services, meetup groups, etc. and just haven't gotten much interest. I refuse to pretend that I anything other than a strong, smart woman, because I don't believe in misleading anyone or tricking a man into a relationship. I've recently bought a house on my own and am enjoying my solitude - just would like someone to go to the movies or cook a meal with.

Sorry and respectfully, I hold sex as a sacred part of my intimate life, therefore I am not willing to be anyone's fuck buddy. I do wish you well and luck on your journey. I am truly just not that kind of girl, but I think that is a personal choice and none of my business.

Partnered up, cowboy! 😉

Thank goodness my sidekick is brilliant!

Sadoi Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

I am single and looking/not looking much. Hoping they find me. I guess that sounds lazy. But if they read about me and really check me out, they would know more whether they wanted to date or not.

Single and looking, though in absolutely no rush.

I am somewhat like you. Just some geography and perhaps an extra child.I have been single since 1985. I have had relationships but not lived with them. Some reason or another we usually mutually decided we were not suited. I would like to find that special someone if he is out there, but my last boyfriend was 18 years ago. The energy of the relationship was much too dramatic for me. I do not think i would give up my freedom, but I would be a loyal partner and friend.

18 years is a while, my last relationship ended 13 years ago. Freedom is a big issue, freedom to be yourself.

I actually would love to see an Atheist community, a town with Atheist run businesses and schools and homes and yes, farms, all located in close proximity to one another. It would be so refreshing ( at least to me) not to have to hide my true state of disbelief from my neighbors for fear of the ones with a more baser nature deciding to put the fear of God into me!

and when you meet in the street you could say. "May evolution favor your descendants".

@Rugglesby I am seriously considering uprooting from where I am and moving closer to a more urban area near my other atheist and agmostic friends.

@misstuffy We have pockets within some communities that seem more religious than others,
Ozzies were mostly Christian no matter where in the world they came from , with modern communication technology, the faith has become somewhat dilute. Country areas that have not had a great influx of new residents are still avid church goers, ethnic pockets are quite vocal. We can go weeks with religion being mentioned. Everywhere I go, Churches have been sold, converted into houses and restaurants. Muslims and Sikhs seem to continue building grand places of worship. We have a higher than average Sikh population in my region but they rarely mention religion and all I have met are nice people. Sadly they often get confused with Muslims and cop some abuse.

@Rugglesby I believe here in Iowa there was a sikh temple parishioners attacked by someone mistaking them for muslims, even if they were muslims this guy had no right to attack them. Where I live it is fundamentalist Baptists and Jehovahs Witnesses, in other words just shsoot me now!

I love animals and would love to have a small farm of them to play with all day. I am a spiritual person raised in the Bible Belt. I have no respect for dogmatic religions. I am a Spiritual person and I believe there is a GOD, but not in any belief system but my own. I am also a mystic of sorts, I have about 40 years of astrology, I am an empath (not ask for, just a gift), I am telepathic or psychic, however you may see it. I dislike organized religion. I find the people hypocritical, judgmental, and some downright spiteful.I do not go to a regular church. Everythime, I go outdoors and see GOD's perfection, I am in church. I am at a spiritual place I like. I would like to find some kindred spirits. I am also open to meeting for coffee or lunch, something like that. I have been single now for a very long time. It has occurred to me that I am getting older and there just maybe that special someone out there. My last boyfriend was 18 years ago. We were together 1 year out of the 4 we hung on. He was a Master Sergeant in the Army. I just seemed t become content on my own and before I knew it, 18 yrs flew past. SO I thought I could find some kindred spirits and perhaps that special someone. Also, i a not into the occult. I can read tarot. /none of this makes me an occultist. I do not believe in all kinds of gods. I do believe there are evil and satanic people running around. I do not believe in curses, but the mind is powerful. I always counsel some to be careful you just may get something, but it many only just be similar to what you wished for!

@BettyColeman I do not believe in a God or Gods. The Bible is laughable in my opinion. As far as farming livestock goes, this is a difficult way to make a living. I work an off farm job as well and it is definitely not an easy way to make a living.

@misstuffy I must be older than you. My mom/dad worked. I was the oldest of 4 children. I started babysitting and other chores at 7 years old. I got married when I was 18. I always worked except part of the time I carried my 2 daughters. That ended after 2o years. I am an industrial engineer. I am not rich, but I have some pension and Social Security. Enough that I don't get any government freebies which has never been a concern. When I was speaking of a little farm and some different animals, I would not have had it to make a living. I would play with and take cae of my animals and oour home everyday. My grandfather had a farm. I know that is hard work. They had milk cows to, so you don't walk away when you feel like it. I grew u[p visiting a couple weeks or a month here and there growing up. I use to ride the horse they had Trigger who was quite contary. I would take the guys ice tea when they were baling hay. Luckily I lost no ice tea. I usually had problems with Trigger on the way back home. What a horse! lol You have a much harder life. I was planning my fantasy.

@BettyColeman Having a hobby farm/acreage sounds up our alley. I work, building and engineering parts on Experimental Aircraft but it does not pay well and now with an allergy to the chemicals my days working on planes are numbered so my farm must make a profit.

I kind of like being part of this community, I am interested if the right person comes along but, I have no desire to date someone hundreds or even thousands of miles away I don't see how that can even work, I might be old fashion but I don't believe you can really get to know someone without talking to them face to face.

I am looking for friendship.

AnnaT Level 4 Dec 31, 2017

At this point, I can't even imagine becoming involved in a relationship again. I'm not ruling it out, but I really just don't see it happening. Oddly, I'm really okay with that. Who'da thunk it?

Opening up and giving into meeting new people and new situations. However I'm no going in a rush with an agenda of finding another person to fill a void.If she's there? She's there. I'm opening up myself to something far better than trivial drama, mundane existences and wanting to feel alive again. However, the life I was living was a dead comotose lie that had began feiging and stressing over nothing worthwhile trying to keep the facade going. However,being a single dad laughing and crying through it all is the best medicine right now. I love to love and find it hard to be loved because I love hard. This time away has done wonders for my self love and personal time for self-maintenance of healing my soul along with my children at my side. Upon accepting this life for what it truly is and willing to work to make it the best that it can be with what I have and am willing to work for? I am ready to embrace whatever shows up with the confidence to know that I am where I am supposed to be at this present moment. With or without someone. I am here and still standing tall as a father with my kids. Ready for whatever comes. We are our team.

yeah, kids come first, and stand proud that this is so. I have been a single dad for decades, and I don't know if you found it that same, but I was frowned upon for raising my kids on my own, people told me to send my kids back to their mother, or find a nice woman to raise them for me, how insulting, I am capable of raising my own kids. Hope all works well for you.

@Rugglesby Thanks so much for your comments. I knew that it had come time when I saw that my family especially the children weren't growing. They were caught in the same rut that their mom and I had taken. It was time to change things. Now EVERYONE has to grow or not.

Thne only reason I say not looking is because I am incredibly busy. It is sub zero weather here and I raise livestock. Got some getting ready to have their babies any minute. Also I think I may be one of a very few farm based atheists here.

not sure re the farm based, I am no longer, but I know well the restrictions having land and animals places on one, good luck.

@Rugglesby Thank you, I will need it, our high for the day will be 3 below zero

I love the feeling of learning someone new. Even as friends, even just to talk. I like women my age, with the character and experience that comes with maturity.

Single and looking, however I am looking for a companion NOT a life partner. I have been married three times, and am not looking for a fourth. I just want someone to do things with and watch the world go by. I do not need someone to complete me, tell me what to do, or take over my home or family.

Newly divorced, so I'm not sure if I'm totally ready yet. I think I'm just ready for some fun.

I'm in the same boat (divorce not yet finalised) and I know exactly what you mean - I'm not sure I've finished picking up the pieces yet, but there's no harm in seeing what's on offer! 😉

I agree totally. I have been single so long that I feel like a virgin again. I am nervous about it but want it sooo bad too

Not holding my breath, I'm widowed and missing my man, so single and not averse to another relationship although it took me decades to find my husband only to lose him to cancer after only 6 years.

I could had voted Single and Looking... because since I found the worm I have not stop looking but I am Not desperate... or in Need... I am like many other here Comfortable with the Freedom of Deciding for One. Easy Quorum to muster at all times. Or I am also Human enough not to Disrupt another individual life or waste her time. Nothing Roots me until the right soil and she have to be One Hell of a Soil. I believe we all need a Witness to Our Lives... I am also Fun to talk to, Be with and a Poet who can Dance. A witnessing tourist in this life enjoying Retirement.

I just dont know. My husband passed away almost 3 years ago. It was rough. I really liked him. He was the only person I completely trusted. I knew he felt the same about me. For 35 years our lives were intertwined. We were one. Im not alone. We have 5 kids. My youngest graduated high school last spring. My eldest recently became a grandfather. My youngest & my only daughter still live with me in the house they grew up in. My daughter is a single parent to 3 kids under 5. Her 3 yo was recently "officially" diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. She is unemployed. I don`t drive. I work as a deli clerk in a grocery store. I have plenty to do. I stay busy. I crave intelligent conversation. It is definitely complicated!

Della Level 6 Dec 30, 2017

I am single and I was told that at my age I should remain single. Well....

bullshit do what you feel

@LeighShelton I am the type of person who lets things come to me.

I agree but there is no too old bullshit

Single, looking, been alone so long it's actually affecting my mental health and self esteem. I'm here more for the community though than anything else.

I think I am having a rather confused moment.

That is always a good sign that you are trying to be Honest!!!

I understand that! It is hard.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I have been single since 1985. I had maybe 3 more serious relationships. They last about 2-4 years. Then we would decide we made better friends. I have dated, but I never lived with anyone or they with me. I have been single so long, sometimes I really want a special male partner and another part freaks me out. The last guy I dated was a master sargeant in the army. We date about 4 years, but when at about 2 years he went to Afghanistan. I was really happy. We were just friends a 2 years in and quit our sex life about 1 year in. Woody drank an awful lot, smoked weed, and played kareoke everynight if he could. City Mouse. I like to go out, but I loved times at home to. He was seeing his old girlfriend before he went to Afghanistan. I did not care. Then I did not have to bother with him. Not a pleasant relationship. I did save his life. He had things stored at my place. He had a strok in the basement while getting stuff together. Are you really a gypsy? I always have a memory of a past life. Now, i know you think I am nuts. Anyway we toured Europe and we were in Spain. I like spain. The weather was nice and in the evenings they would build a fire and I would dance around the fire with my castinets. I told some friends this and I said I was Romany. I thought maybe Romania. I don't know. Since then I saw a couple documentaries and it startled me. They calle themselves Romany Gypsies? I honestly am not crazy, but a card reading, psychic, empath, etc

@BettyColeman I thanks him and everyone that ever served for his service and sacrifice. I love all europe I behaved as if the whole mediterranean was mine. I know you are not crazy... you been there before and I will dance to the sound of any woman that can castinets... we may be the only one here that know that feeling. And I thank you for bringing that feeling to me now.

Single. Not really looking anymore. Not in the United States anyway. The market here is far too competative for anyone who doesn't look like a movie star and have the game of a pick up artist or at least puts six figures in the bank each and every year.

I know I'm far too fat and fugly to find a partner whom I would find attractive enough to turn me on romantically here in the United States. Nor has any woman of average to above average attractiveness from here in the US ever shown even the remotest romantic interest in me. I can't make up for my laundry list of physical flaws with game and/or money, so I'm basically a lethal combination of negative traits which puts me in the category of the unfuckables here in the US market. In fact, I might just even be the club president.

Searching for romantic partners here in the US is a waste of time for me. I tend to do much better in over seas countries where women chase men more and the US dollar goes far enough to put a sparkle in any pretty girl's smile.

So, ladies ... form an orderly queue, please ... ????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.