Agnostic.com

39 6

Stem cell research. For or against?

Is there a reason outside of religion for standing against stem cell research?

RobH86 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm against cruel experiments on animals. Anything that causes pain.

Agree 100% with your statement. Do you see stem cell research as crossing the line. Would we be developing embryo's (life?) with consciousness that could experience pain, just to experiment on? if so then I too would be against stem cell research. Having said that, I am not aware of anyone in the world of biology suggesting this is the case. so far as I can see, if we treat an embryo as a living thing with 'rights', then why not sperm. Surely if this train of thought is carried all the way through, then masturbation would be genoside.

@RobH86

Embryos are not fully conscious, unlike adult human beings who live homeless on the streets, that no one cares about.

There are degrees of suffering.

How could anyone who understands the potential for stem cells be against it?

You said it perfectly!

All for any advancement in science that helps people.

Not for me. I am 100% for it.

I am a secular humanist and I am FOR anything and everything that benefits humanity and causes no harm to humanity.

Pro Lets get these veterans missing limbs repaired they put their life up they deserve the first crack at new appendages and organs.

azzow2 Level 9 June 24, 2018

none

Lukian Level 8 June 24, 2018

I am for it, I think many people will be helped as the technology advances.

For

lerlo Level 8 June 24, 2018

If it were not for stem cell treatment, my dear friend would be dead from a rare form of leukemia. She is now 13 years in remission but had her stem cell transplant in Germany. Strongly for any kind of information available to science to make things better for humans.

I am absolutely for it.

For it.

For

GwenC Level 7 June 24, 2018

Of course, I am for it. Opposition which could deter attempts to improve human health in a manner that does not exploit others is both stupid and immoral.

FOR! There is absolutely no reason other than ignorance to be against stem cell research.

Nope. No reason not to support.

None what so ever!

I'm definitely for it.
There is NO reason anyone should be against it.
No rational reason anyway.

I'm for stem cell research.

FOR

Definitely for. Saves lives.

you should have made this a poll... i am for all research...

For.

As far as I know, there's not even a reason to have religious objections any more. Haven't researchers been able to isolate and grow stem cells from adults? For.

Absolutly for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.